Search Page Layout - Question | JoomShaper

Search Page Layout

BP

Bruce Paine

Template 1 year ago

Hi -

This is regarding:- Helix Ultimate template v2.0.12 SP Page Builder Joomla 4 installation web site: www.comfoot.co.nz

I have activated the 'Search' box which appears nicely at the top right of my web site. The search works fine but the problem I have is the search results positioning. It is necessary for the user to scroll down all the home page header information, banners and other advertising modules before they get to see the search results. This is of course not good.

I have not been able to find a way how to assign a landing page for the search results. I'm aware that in similar situations with Joomla, it is possible to set up a hidden menu item to serve as a landing page for custom modules, so that the module page does not appear with the home page content above.

Is there a way to achieve something similar with the Helix template search function?

12 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #107926

Just created a hidden menu inside the menu. Then hide from the menu.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #107715

Hi there,

I appreciate you reaching out. I sincerely apologize for this oversight. Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue? I will check & get back to you soon. 

-Thanks

BP
Bruce Paine
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #107724

OK I'm sending user access.

Please note: I do NOT wish to upgrade SP Page Builder at the moment. So please do not apply the update on my behalf when you log in.

Also please can you let me know if you make any changes to the site. I need to know what is going on.

Thank you.

BP
Bruce Paine
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #107727

By the way, the reason I have not upgraded SP Page Builder is that I read a comment about back-end editing being disabled or removed. I wish to keep the ability to edit pages via the Admin area.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #107921

Please check now. Thanks

BP
Bruce Paine
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #107923

Hi - I have checked and the search results are now working perfectly. Thank you.

Are you able to explain how you made it work? Was it a program adjustment or user configuration?

BP
Bruce Paine
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #107929

Oh right. I see 'Search' in the main menu. Thank you.

I am not sure how you hide a menu option. More Joomla tutorial reading for me!

Or perhaps the menu item being set to 'No parent' makes it hidden.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #107934
BP
Bruce Paine
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #107937

Thank you!

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #107941

You are most welcome. Will you please spend some to write a review about our product and support quality? 

https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/sp-page-builder/

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.joomshaper.com

BP
Bruce Paine
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #107949

I don't have a lot of spare time at the moment but I think I have already left a review following a previous support request. Will see if I can make time.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #107958

Thanks