Timeline-Addon Feature - Question | JoomShaper

Timeline-Addon Feature

S

sesmayer

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

Dear Joomla-Team,

for some of our websites it might be interesting to have a "timeline"-AddOn like the one already exitisting, but based on standard joomla-articles and not manually input of "timelines". I know there are other tools on the market place doing things like this, but none of them I evaluated fits "optically" as well as technical. From my point of view it will be easy to use the article fields (like a "Year"-field) for doing the sort (past to future) with a "dynamic" content created by an article, using for example Pagebuilder as editor or standard content of articles. At the end there should be a possibility to share each of the shown articles over the typical social media channels, and maybe, to use a "start article" where the timeline should start (which can be changed for example if there have been new articles added). Also, like in the example, a filter for specific subcategories, which the user can choose directly, will be a great way to reduce the information to the minimum he wants to see. Maybe this can also be realized in a slideshow manner, like you do do that in your articles scroller add-on (Anyway the articles scroller will be OK like it is, if you for example "change" the "Amout of articles" into a "Start with Article" and the go forward/backward through the articles of the selected categorie (/subcategories) until the start or end of database is reached.

Here you will see an example of how it can look like: https://chronik.sg1846.de/

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Michael Mayer

4 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109728

Hi there,

I appreciate you reaching out. I sincerely apologize for this oversight. Few days ago we planed to make a virtical function for timeline addon. I hope it will develop soon.

-Thanks

Ronny Schönfeld-Bahls
Ronny Schönfeld-Bahls
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109801

Hello Michael... Did you write the "Timeline" add-on shown yourself? Otherwise: Where did you get it? The timeline that can be used here in the PageBuilder is unfortunately much too simple.

Many greetings from Berlin :-)

S
sesmayer
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109815

@Ronny: No, I had the same idea and saw it on an event with this sports club. I realized it at the moment "manually", writing "Articles" in a special category and show this articels with a SP-Pagebuilder Page. (https://tsv-n.de/de/home/chronik)

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109968

@Ronny Schönfeld-Bahls It will be timeline addon. Thanks