.httaccess Turned On And Site Stops Working - Question | JoomShaper

.httaccess Turned On And Site Stops Working

JL

Joe Lockhart

Helix Framework 1 year ago

This issue has been driving me crazy for awhile.

I've been doing some deep digging and it looks like Helix is causing the problem.

Looks like it's been an issue since 2021.

Has anyone else had the problem where you want to use SEO and then the backend doesn’t work after renaming httaccess?

https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=985622

Joomla says Helix is causing this.

5 Answers
Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109462

Hi. Switch to Cassiopea and check. I don't think this problem can be related to the any template including Helix. In any case, I personally never had this. I made hundreds of sites with Helix.

https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=985622

Topic, which mentioned beta versions cannot be relevant for determining the causes. All problems mentioned there have long been fixed.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109463

Joomla says many things, also that is bug free.

backend doesn’t work after renaming httaccess?

In most cases becuase of double Gzip compression, if you read more you would know!

I can confirm @Pavel's words, I also have many sites, and that problem doesn't exist. I use even more advaced .htaccess files and still Ok.

Of course You are entitled to your (private) opinion, but without strong evidence it's our fault - it is difficult to discuss.

JL
Joe Lockhart
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109482

Joomla says Helix is causing this.

I had to remove the site because it became unfunctional. I’m going to reload and test it today. I’ll do all the steps required to get the SEO working.

Once I can confirm the site is working with httaccess and SEO enabled. I will then add SP page builder and Helix template.

Yes, Paul I’m aware of the gzip. That didn’t help.

I’ve has similar issues with a few other sites with the same configuration.

I’ll report back what happens.

Thank you!

B
blue_Shift
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109489

You might try commenting out "Follow SymLinks" - which sometimes breaks sites depending on server configuration.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109497

Indeed, comment also

# Options +FollowSymlinks

and recheck