SP Page Builder 4: Restoring A Page From An SP-PB Export Into *same* Object - Question | JoomShaper

SP Page Builder 4: Restoring A Page From An SP-PB Export Into *same* Object

PH

Peter Hunkeler

SP Page Builder 11 months ago

Hi, I'm using SP-PB4 and am exporitng pages requarly when working on the to get kind of a history, since pages are not versiones by SP-PB. I haven't had the need yet, but how do I use such an export to reset a specific page to that earlier state?

So far, I have only found the Import button on newly created, still completely empty pages. The import does work there, but this is a new page with new internal IDs. All links from other pages to the original page still point to that and not the new page (of course). If I want to resore a page, and keep all links working, the internal IDs must be identical. So the question is, how do I restore an existing page from an export file?

11 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #117957

I first exported the page called "Kundenformular allgemein", of which the ID is 8. Next, I opened the page in the editor, and was looking for an "Import" option, but there is none.

From the layer option you will get the import option.

https://prnt.sc/GWhxsvxAIglI

What I wanted is a way to "import layout" into the already existing page with ID 8

Sorry it's not possible. Cause, database system is auto increament by id 0 to more.

-Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #117632

Hi there,

I appreciate you reaching out. I sincerely apologize for this oversight. Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue? I will check & get back to you soon. 

Note: It would be very good if you create a screencast video about the full scenario.

-Thanks

PH
Peter Hunkeler
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #117669

Hi, and thanks for the response. I'm sorry, but I can't give you admin access.

Let me rephrase my question: How do I restore an SP-PB page from an earlier export, step by step?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #117704

Is it possible to share a screencast video? Thanks

PH
Peter Hunkeler
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #117801

Well, well, well, here is a screencast video. Note that Windows did not capture the "file save" dialog when exporting, and the "Open file" dialog when importing. Don't know how to do this with built-in recorder.

The video is here https://dev.reitcoach.ch/tmp/

I first exported the page called "Kundenformular allgemein", of which the ID is 8. Next, I opened the page in the editor, and was looking for an "Import" option, but there is none. So, I closed the page again, and added a new page. On that empty new page, I chose "Import layout", and select the previously exported json file. I then closed the editor (save and close). The new page has got a new ID, namely 43.

What I wanted is a way to "import layout" into the already existing page with ID 8. I would wexpect that either in the ... menu on the page overview (where the "export" function is), Or in the page editor in the ... menu besides the "Save & Close", etc. The import should ask for confirmation, then delete all current content, and reload everything from the export json file. This will keep the ID unchanged, and all links to it will still work.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118529

The new id was added for the specify your pages inside the database. There is no way to keep pages individually without a unique id.

PH
Peter Hunkeler
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118715

Again, I don't understand what you're referring to?

PH
Peter Hunkeler
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118446

Thanks for pointing me to the right place. I was only looking in the ... menu at the top right (when editing a page). Didn't expect the import (and export) in the canvas ... menu in the layers dialog.

Excellent, this is the option I was looking for, well almost. I was thinking of an "import / replace", but the "clear" option in the canvas menu does the trick: First "Clear", then "Import" loads everyting from an earlier export into the current page, i.e. the page ID remains as is.

You could remove your "Sorry it's not possible..." statement from the accepted answer, just not to confuse people reading the thread later on.

Thanks for the help!

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118685

Can you share an screenshot that you want to do exactly and share your administrator login access.

Note: Mainly i don't understand your last issue.

PH
Peter Hunkeler
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118714

I don't understand your post. I wrote that you solved my problem, so there is no open issue.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118718

okay