Result Description For Articles Created With SP Page Builder - Question | JoomShaper

Result Description For Articles Created With SP Page Builder

GM

Georg Mahler

SP Page Builder 11 months ago

Hey,

I have a question regarding the "Result description" for searches done with Smart Search.

I have a site running on Joomla 4.3.1 with the Flex Template that is based on SP Page Builder 3. I incorporated the Smart Search and activated the article preview by checking the "result description" check box.

The result description is only shown for articles created with the built-in editor. It is not shown for articles built with SP Page Builder (backend). For the latter only the title is shown.

I've activated both plugins for SP Page Builder ("Smart Search - SP Page Builder" and "Search - SP Page Builder") and rebuilt the Search Index after doing so.

I don't think that should be the case. Is there anything I can do to make article previews in search results work for native SP Page Builder posts as well?

Best regards, Georg

4 Answers
GM
Georg Mahler
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118131

Hello everyone, it's been 5 days and unfortunately no-one answers. Isn't this the support forum for customers?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118155

Hi Georg,

sorry 4 delay, in general we don't support Flex template - only Apikko does.

About your "Search" question, indeed, becuase Pages do not have simple content struture as articles does, and Joomla Smart Search can read but cannot display it properly, that's why is not displayed.

I hope one day in Joomla 4.3+ and SPPB 5.0 we will try to improve that somehow. But for now, not possible. Sorry.

I will add your request to our wish-list. So thanks for sent question/idea.

GM
Georg Mahler
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118175

Hi thank you for your answer, although that was not what I hoped to hear.

In my question I was referring to "articles". If I understand your answer correctly, you say that "articles" are less complex than pages. But nevertheless, they are not previewable with Smart Search so far. There is one SP Page Builder Search Plugin that I thought would be the interface between Joomla Smart Search and Page Builder articles and pages, which doesn't seem to be the case at the moment. If I understand you correctly, this functionality might be offered somehow in the future, correct?

in general we don't support Flex template

I know, but I also have several SP Page builder licenses besides Flex (and qualify as customer), and in this case, only you as developer of SP Page Builder can create that functionality. So I'm glad you added my request. I'm sure I won't be the only one wanting preview texts for SP Page Builder in the hit list of Smart Search.

Best regards, Georg

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #118193

I'm sure I won't be the only one wanting preview texts for SP Page Builder

Indeed, I remember that at least one more user asked for that. Anyway, it will be useful feature not only for webmaster, but for guests/viewers that search on the website. So let's both wait for the future will come. Thx