Manually Update Helix Ultimate On All Websites - Question | JoomShaper

Manually Update Helix Ultimate On All Websites

R

Remco

Helix Framework 10 months ago

Hi,

I use Watchful to monitor and update all my websites (70+). But now i always have to manually update Helix Ultimate, which is very time consuming. On all my websites that are in production mode, i have unpublished the option 'Compile SCSS to CSS'. But when i update Helix all colors change. I then have to swith 'Compile SCSS to CSS' on. Save. Then switch is off again. Save. Then clear the cache, and then it's fixed. But since the 2.x version i have to do this manually. Before i could do it automatic and then there were no problems. Do you have a workaround so i can do it automatic via Watchful? Should i leave 'Compile SCSS to CSS' enabled? You advice otherwise.

Solution please.

Regards, Remco

4 Answers
R
Remco
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #118136

I just read the following in another post:

Advanced Compile SCSS to CSS is exactly the option thanks to which the template settings are working. If it is disabled, then the template settings should not work. It works as expected. The settings of the template change the values of the variables in the SCSS, then this is compiled to CSS, so that the browser can process it.

If you use template settings in your work, then this option should be OFF only after the development is completed.

So if I understand correctly... before I update Helix Ultimate I should enable Compile SCSS to CSS anyway and disable it again after updating? This means that I can never perform these updates automatically via Watchful? That's a real shame, it takes a lot of time to update all 70+ websites one-by-one. Will something be done about this in the future, so that this does not always have to be done manually?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #119018

Hi there,

I appreciate you reaching out. I sincerely apologize for this oversight. If you use custom css code inside the custom.css file then you don't think about scss compile. If you use custom preset then you need to enable the scss compile.

-Thanks

R
Remco
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #119035

I always use both. In Helix Ultimate I create a custom preset for the colors instead of choosing a standard preset. And in a custom.css file I add all the other css. Is my method incorrect?

Regards, Remco

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #119123

If you keep SCSS compile disable then you should enable SCSS compile enable. Before update keep a backup of template JSON. Then you can update your template. Thanks