Override Decora Template - Question | JoomShaper

Override Decora Template

RM

Ronald Mol

Template 9 months ago

Hi,

Is it possible to override the blog_item.php from the Decora template?

I noticed that changing the file /templates/decora/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php makes the changes visible I want. But I do not want to loose change when updating the template.

I put back the original blog_item.php and placed a copy of the changed file in /templates/decora/overrides/com_content/category/blog_item.php.

The changes are not visible (yet). I read the instructions on your site about overrides in Helix but I guess I am misunderstanding something.

Hope someone can help!

Regards, Ronald

5 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 9 months ago #118645

Hello Ronald Mol

You can edit this file:

templates/decora/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php

It will not be changed on the template update.

Best regards

RM
Ronald Mol
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #118648

Hi Ofi,

Thank you for your reply. I also already found out how to make the overrides work (as I think/expected it to work) But you are right yes.

I placed the specific file in this folder templates/decora/overrides/com_content/categories

The hardest thing was to find out which file I needed and due to some caching issues (or settings) , my tests did not show up, so it took more time than expected to find the right file. Finally copying the file from the /plugins/system/ultimate.... did the trick.

Regards, Ronald

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 9 months ago #118993

You are welcome 😊

I have a humble request. It would be very kind of you if you can manage some moment to give us feedback on 

1. Joomla Extension Directory
  2. TrustPilot

This will inspire us to improve.

RM
Ronald Mol
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #118997

Hi Ofi,

I already posted something in the Joomla Extension Directory

Regards, Ronald

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 9 months ago #120660

Thanks for your feedback. Have a good day!