Upload Fonts - Question | JoomShaper

Upload Fonts

R

Robert

SP Page Builder 10 months ago

Hi,

I can't upload fonts in SPPB 5.1 "max size limit exceeded" the zip file is 21 kb?

https://ibb.co/2vhnbHK

30 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #122015

Hi Robert,

please tell me what value you have for max_file_uploads in PHP settings?

Check in Joomla Admin > System Information

info_1278_2023.gif

Sometimes when is unlimited (-1) this bug may appear. So please set 20 or 30.

R
Robert
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #122036

Hi Paul,

It was set to 20.

I already uploaded the font manually into the Helix template now.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #122042

So far you are the first person with that problem, so it's hard to guess what could be a REAL reason of that message. Besides we have 5.0.1 not 5.1 version.

BTW

Are you able to upload for example 500Kb jpg file inside SPPB Media ?

R
Robert
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #122046

Media is not a problem, even a 1.8 mb image I can upload

L
lluis
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #122174

I have the same problem! max_file_uploads 5120M, I have no problem uploading any file or image, only fonts!

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #122515

@Robert and @Iiluis

in that case I need access to Joomla back-end for our developer that he can check deeper.

R
Robert
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #122537

Hi Paul,

on board right now. sorry.

I can tell my setup if that helps.

Mamp Pro php 8.1.13 Fresh J4.3.2 install Helux Ultimate +plugin (latest) SPPB 5.0.1

uploading media files: no issues

kind regards,

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 10 months ago #122564

So I wonder if this may be MAMP (localhost soft) "problem", not visible in normal hosting. Thanks.

Let's wait for @Iiluis response

R
Robert
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #122582

I wonder if I upload font manually in the template using custom css. I'm used to it and "disable google fonts", isn't that the same result or easier? I don't have to pick a font anymore in SPPB. All fonts are driven by your custom css file.

what is ur opinion about that Paul?

BOFHJunior
BOFHJunior
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #122579

Hello together, i had 10 minutes ago the same issue but solved it for me. Maybe the informations help you too?

I opened the new Font Book window and tried to upload Open_Sans.zip, i downloaded before from Google. I got the "max size limit exceeded" error. Then i red again the 7 steps to upload Custom Fonts and followed these steps.

1. I extracted my desired Font type from my downloaded Open_Sans.zip file
  2. I opened the Font Squirrel Webfont Generator
  3. I uploaded the font there (not in the Font Book window!)
  4. I selected the "Optimal" setting
  5. I selected the agreement section
  6. I selected the download button and got a webfontkit.zip file!
  7. This webfontkit.zip file i uploaded in the Font Book window and got the message "Upload succesfully"
M
Michelangelo
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #147915

I had the same problem and this worked for me

L
lluis
Accepted Answer
10 months ago #122631

I use MAMP, in my case it was not the problem. It loaded the Google font directly and the error jumped. Using the Font Squirrel Webfont Generator worked, as fellow @BOFHJunior says. @Paul, can you confirm that this is the correct method? Of course it also works by loading the font in Helix Ultimate's fonts folder and using css rules.

ML
Marius Lindemann
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #125794

I have the same problem. I downloaded a Google Font. Extracted the folder. I loaded this in turn into the Webfont Generator and received the Webfontkit.zip. I tried to upload this into the font book of the page builder. However, I got the message "Max size limit exceeded".

max_file_upload in php is set to 20

What can be the problem?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 9 months ago #125798

@lluis - I made even video on youtube how it works > https://youtu.be/k0jw03dLBEg

@Marius - Hard to say, are you trying to upload a single font? Can you share access to website?

B
Börje Devoti
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #126198

Is there a different method to upload the fonts? Right now Font Squirrel doesn't process my Google Fonts. It's always stuck at 0%. If I try to upload the fonts one by one I still get that max sizee exceeded error… I already had converted the fonts to .otf and to.woff2 before. Actually I just need to know how to get them into the system. I don't know if it would be enough to upload them into a specified folder? Of course I could also put them into a zip file but I'm not sure if there are more files in that zip file needed for page builder…

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 9 months ago #126203
  1. Fonts used on Google Fonts are 100% free, co can be downloaded from different websites, even from Font Squirrel directory.
  2. In general in .zip package created by Font Squirrel contains two webfonts .woff and .woff2 - so if you have this files try to zip them together and upload. It may work.
  3. You can always tell me which font you need, I can play.
B
Börje Devoti
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #126211

Thanks.

I still get the max sizee exceeded error… Actually it's only three fonts needed in normal and italic: It's the Google Font called Jost > regular, medium and bold

In my case in fact the max_file_iploads in PHP Settings is set to -1, but I cannot change it. Provider says that I have to use a PHP.ini file and have to put it into the directory where the php-line is executed. But I don't know where that would be…

B
Börje Devoti
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #126213

I would be happy if you could get me this Zip-File from Font Squirrel containing the mentioned fonts.

Edit: Finally fontsquirrel seems to work again. But unfortunately nothing has changed. I still get that "max size limit exceeded" error uploading the zip-file.

FS
Freiherr vom Stein
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #126633

Hi, also got it here...

is there a Folder I can upload it via FTP?

Regards

Guillaume Langlais
Guillaume Langlais
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #126655

Hello Paul, i have the same issue and i have see your video. My PHP max upload is set to 1024M Thx

OS
Oliver Schmitz
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #131197

Hello, you need to upload every .ttf one by one to fontsquirrel webfont generator. As a result you get one webfontkit folder per uploaded ttf. In there is not only the .woff and .woff2 but besides some .css etc. I guess the Font Book of SPPB needs these files too. Upload one webfontkit folder with all files after the other and the contained font will be installed.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #131206

Guide step by step is/was here (tip 5.) >> https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/sp-page-builder/google-fonts-and-dsgvo-gdpr#how-to-upload-custom-font-in-sp-page-builder-5x

if somehow that method doesn't work - you have to back to classic CSS load font method.

ML
Marius Lindemann
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #135902

I solved the problem in my case. The problem is that PageBuilder use the /administrator folder and php settings in there are different then uploading into /images!

What i've done:

1. Create a php.ini

memory_limit = 256M
  2. Upload this file in the website folder /administrator

3. Now i'm able to upload fonts with PageBuilder Fontbook

M
Martin
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #135904

Oh, I didn't see that post until now. I have the same problem from time to time. Out of 6 files created, one did not work. Almost every time I install fonts on a page, one or two files are not accepted.

FS
Freiherr vom Stein
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #137005

Hello, same here, also after all this tipps...

Regards Stein

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 6 months ago #137011

Create video with issue then share it here and share link uploaded font - then we can check.

MR
Murugappan Ramanathan
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #139071

Hi,

After doing about 30 over tests, i think i have got it working. This is what i think needs to be done:

1. Important: make sure the php memory_limit is set to a value (e.g.512M) and not -1
  2. Upload one .ttf file into Font Squirrel(FS). If you load more, FS will create the font zip file correctly but SPPB appears to be designed only for 1 font (Sigh!!!).
  3. Generate the font.zip file from FS (with a name similar to webfontkit-20231126-063009.zip)
  4. Upload the file using SPPB as downloaded and it should work fine.

When it will not work:

1. memory_limit is not set properly
  2. Using WOFF, WOFF2, SVG, EOT files
  3. Upload more than one TTF file into FS (SPPB cannot take more than one file per font file).

One thing i have not tried is renaming the downloaded zip file and using it.

MR
Murugappan Ramanathan
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #139087

Hi,

Correction: You can rename the downloaded zip file upload it as well. Just tested it. Please update if any other issues arises. Thank you.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #139101

yes, zip filename - can be random, renamed, just use classic letters or/and numbers. Content matters.

M
Martin
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #140831

Hi Paul,

I have found a file with the font "Inter" where the same problem occurs. PHP settings all fit, as you have also posted here. Try it out for yourself ;)

There are some fonts where it does not go to upload, on a new page, I have now rediscovered this. :)

Download in Hidden Content