Safari Browser Freezes - Question | JoomShaper

Safari Browser Freezes

R

Remco

SP Page Builder 3 years ago

Hi,

I use SP Page Builder on almost all of my websites. However, since a number of updates I can no longer use Safari as I was used to. I work with Mac so always use Safari in developer mode. SP Page Builder makes Safari freeze when I am working in the backend. Especially when grabbing and moving a row and when grabbing and moving widgets in columns. Is this problem known to you, and if so can it be solved? If I use Google Chrome there is no problem. However, I don't like Chrome to work with.

I am looking forward to your hopefully quick response.

Sincerely, Remco

14 Answers
A
ayao
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #3461

Resolved with latest update.

Thank you.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #1133

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you share a screencast video about your issue? Besides, Provide me one of your site access to check the issue from my end.

-Thanks

R
Remco
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #1182

See hidden content for screencast and confidential information.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #1213

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, We have found the same issue in our end. We will fix it next update.

-Thanks

A
ayao
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #2200

Having the same issue and is frustrating.

Please advise when the fix will be available.

PD
Peter Dowse
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #2224

Hi Guys,

Can also confirm we're having the issues of Safari freezing and taking a very long time to edit anything in the back end (takes up to a minute for the system to recognise an addon has been moved).

A fix for this in the next update would be greatly apprecaited.

A
ayao
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #2225

Honestly I am weighing whether to revert back to previous build.

The speed to update a website in the back-end has been significantly slower since updating. Other than some cosmetic changes with the menus, is there any big benefits to want to remain in this build?

I think speed is more important than some of these functions and I am not sure if the development team recognizes that.

PD
Peter Dowse
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #2227

Agreed - At the moment we're switching browsers to use Chrome but if the issue persists, it's likely we will need to roll back to a previous version as it's impacting greatly on time spent on development.

I hope they push through a fix for this quickly as many developers use safari as their main browser for development work.

A
ayao
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #2230

Good luck Peter. I just noticed that the new update also added some margins onto the mobile page on the side, in which I do not even understand why nor do I have any patience left to figure out why it is doing that.

These updates are so silly - cosmetic changes without any big benefits...and they break things.

So frustrating.

I am switching back.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #2242

Already, I have informed our developer team. I hope they will look after the issue & we will try to bring a solution next update.

Besides, Please update the safari browser and check again. Cause, it works fine latest version 14.0.1

Thanks

A
ayao
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #2262

Confirmed using 14.0.2.

Confirmed again that drag and drop freezes and times out.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #2332

I will inform our developer team. Thanks

R
Remco
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #3462

I can confirm that, thanks! Regards, Remco

Toufiq
Toufiq