Problem When Updating PHP Version - Question | JoomShaper

Problem When Updating PHP Version

Carlos Soria

Carlos Soria

General 9 months ago

Hello how are you, what happens is that I updated the PHP version from 7.4 to 8.0. I use the Finance Template, but first I tried it on another server and everything worked but when I did it on my server. When loading the site I got an error. I attach the image. and for it to be fixed I have to unzip the backup of the installation files that I had previously. How can you solve it.

Image Link https://ibb.co/BqfG5ZQ

I have the files and the database from the previous backup before making the updates but I don't know if restoring it scares me that it won't work. Can you help me.!

7 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 9 months ago #124920

Hello Carlos Soria

We are fine. Hope you are fine too.

Finance is not yet PHP 8 compatible. Please wait for our official compatibility announcement. Use PHP 7.4 until then. Apology for the inconvenience.

Best regards

Carlos Soria
Carlos Soria
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #124971

Dear, I already made it go back to the PHP 7.4 version but I don't know why after certain days I get the error message that I show you in the image. https://ibb.co/BqfG5ZQ

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 9 months ago #124983

If I may....

To see more than that - use those settings

error_reporting_debug.jpg

then check detailed error message

Carlos Soria
Carlos Soria
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #125005

Dear, I'm still using Joomla 3 because my theme is not compatible with Joomla 4

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 9 months ago #125007

Those settings were in Joomla 2.5, and J3.x .... just look into Global Configuration.

you could have checked first before you wrote a new post

Carlos Soria
Carlos Soria
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #125599

Before updating the PHP version, make a backup, I even tried it on another server, what I don't understand is why I get the image error after certain days, and the only way to fix it is by unzipping the last backup I made.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 9 months ago #125611

The Web world is full of mysteries, that's why the work of a webmaster sometimes combines the tasks of a private detective. This is also the same judgment of my friends who have been in the field of website development or web management for over 15 years.

If you would notice a error next time, please follow my settings to see more error details.