SP Simple Portfolio Popup Proportions - Question | JoomShaper

SP Simple Portfolio Popup Proportions

LC

Lon Czarnecki

Extension 7 months ago

I am using Aries Murphy template with included SP Simple Portfolio. I can choose how the thumbnails display in "Thumbnail Size" as Mansonry, Square, Rectangle, or Tower. This works fine. The choices for "Popup Size" are Default, Square, Rectangle, or Tower. However none of these choices show on the front end. I would assume the pop up size would be responsive to the size of the image instead of cutting off the image to only fit a square.

How can I get the popup proportions to match the actual image shown? The popup needs to follow the proportions of the image.

23 Answers
Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #132145

Hi Lon. If you allow...

SP Simple Portfolio is a component for creating a catalog. Popup works as it is conceived by developers - this is just a preview of the catalog item but not the image itself. The functionality that you want simply does not exist there. And this is not a bug.

You have hidden the significant button and title for the logic of the component and left not significant (popup), trying to turn it into images gallery. But when working with this component and when understanding its purpose, popup button should be hidden. Since this button is not logical in context without those things you mention.

Of course it would be great if the developers brought a new one to the functionality, then how you want it. But this is a matter of future development and adding new options, but not a bugs fix issue.

If the select between the existing popup sizes does not work, only this is a bug, but not everything else.

If you do not need a catalog (the pages like this one) , take a look at SP Easy Image Gallery instead

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 7 months ago #129165

Hi

Thanks for contacting us. Could you please give me your site URL and also screenshot of your issue?

-Regards.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 7 months ago #129384

Could you please give me a screenshot of your issue?

LC
Lon Czarnecki
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #129387

So there is no setting for images to be shown at their normal proportions? They all get cropped as a thumbnail and as a popup?

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 7 months ago #129570

Could you please check your site link? I cant access on that.

LC
Lon Czarnecki
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #129750

Not sure why. That site link works for me, just tried it.

How about this: http://mlaurenstudios.com/index.php/photography-portfolio

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 7 months ago #129863

Isn't it ok? It is not cropped.

https://prnt.sc/x_Xu8K3iPWx7

LC
Lon Czarnecki
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #130084

Really?? You don't see it??

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 7 months ago #130215

Allow me some time please, I need to inform our team.

LC
Lon Czarnecki
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #131434

So is a week enough time to inform the team yet?

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 7 months ago #131489

Give me your super admin access please.

LC
Lon Czarnecki
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #131572

Super Admin created

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 7 months ago #131599

Hi

You can set the size from here

https://we.tl/t-3AAtbaujYI

It depends on mainly thumbnail size or popup size. You can set the size from that settings.

LC
Lon Czarnecki
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #131719

So now a few of the images are not showing up in the portfolio and clicking on any image brings up a blank thumbnail. I haven't been in there after you went in. Can you please check what you may have changed? I've been trying to fix it but I don't know what you did. Please check.

http://mlaurenstudios.com/index.php?option=com_sppagebuilder&view=page&id=39

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 7 months ago #131722

I did not touch your site, I have just sent the solution how you can fix the issue.

LC
Lon Czarnecki
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #131730

My apologies. Images have disapeard from the portfolio and I assumed you had changed something. I should not have assumed. I am sorry.

I am able to fix the missing images but not the popups. Here is what it looks like happened...

When selecting an image from within simple portfolio, it adds extra code in the title.

This still worked for a few weeks, and everything worked fine, so I left it alone.

When I edit that text to just be the image path, it gives me an error when I try to save it.

However, it lets me save it and then the image and popup show up again. What changed that it worked before and now it does not? I haven't done any updates.

As far as the popup issue goes, when I choose masonry for the thumbnails (which shows more correctly the proportions of the image), the only choices I get for the popup are Default - Square - Rectangle - Tower. My portfolio has a mix of these different shapes. Why do I need to set them all to fit one shape at the module level? Setting them as Default did not allow them to show fully either.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 6 months ago #131779

Sorry for your issue, could you please create a new forum post about these new issues? So that our team can help you.

LC
Lon Czarnecki
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #131870

I absolutly can for the item issue, but the proposed solution did not work for the pop up sizes, which is still on this topic.

When I choose masonry for the thumbnails (which shows more correctly the proportions of the image on the page), the only choices I get for the popup are "Default" - "Square" - "Rectangle" - "Tower". My portfolio has a mix of these different shapes. Why do I need to set them all to fit one shape at the module level? Setting them as Default did not allow them to show fully either.

In other words, I can change the size of each shape, but I can only chose one shape for an entire portfolio in the module settings. My portfolio has several different shapes in it. How can I allow the pop up to default to the actual shape of the image?

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 6 months ago #131979

You can change it from settings.

https://we.tl/t-3AAtbaujYI

It depends on mainly thumbnail size or popup size. You can set the size from that settings.

LC
Lon Czarnecki
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #132068

I think we have some communication problem with this issue. You keep coming back with the same answers when I tell you they don't work.

I mentiond that I did your suggested solution and it does not work. When I change the sizes the pop up is still only a square. The bigger issue is that I can only choose one of the pop up options in the module that affects the entire portfolio. The problem is my portfolio has images that are square, rectangle, and tower. How do I get the module to show the pop up as the actual dimentions of the image no matter what shape it is?

Given the delay in time zones for each of our responces and the fact that your answers are not answering my questions, this has now gone on for three weeks.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 6 months ago #132122

Allow me some time please I need to forward it to our team.

LC
Lon Czarnecki
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #132274

@Pavel,

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

You have answered my question in one simple response! SP Easy Image Gallery is a much better solution for what I need. I will say, when they call it "Portfolio" and it really doesn't act like what I think a portfolio is, that makes it seems like it doesn't work. Knowing that this is more of a catalog feature makes a difference.

Thank you for taking the time to step in and help me. Getting the "run-around" with delay after delay from support for three weeks was exhausting. I truley felt like I was not important enough for them to take the time to actually think about what my issue was.

Thank you Pavel.