PHP 8 Incompatibility - Question | JoomShaper

PHP 8 Incompatibility

Comunicante

Comunicante

General 7 months ago

HI. I updated the PHP version to 8 and I have a problem with the user menu: when I try to edit my profile, I get this error message: 'count(): Argument #1 ($value) must be of type Countable|array, null given'. I read on the forum that the problem is due to an incompatibility with PHP 8 (in fact if I go back to version 7.4 the issue does not occur). Has the incompatibility problem not been resolved yet? Can you help me, please? I'm using Innovate template. All extensions are updated. Thanks...

7 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 7 months ago #131450

Hi there!

Sorry for your experience.

Which PHP version you are using there, please? PHP 8.0 should be okay. Please do not use PHP 8.1 or higher right now. We will bring higher PHP support as it's an ongoing process.

Best Regards

Comunicante
Comunicante
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #131727

Hello again. I installed helixultimate_quickstart_j4_v2.0.14 in a subdomain of my site, and I don't have this problem. What could have happened to my site? Thanks...

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 6 months ago #131822

Hello,

Helix Ultimate supports upto PHP 8.1, yes, but not the Innovate template yet. There are ongoing process to bring higher PHP support in the coming days. No worries.

Best Regards

Comunicante
Comunicante
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #131853

Thank you, Rashida, for your reply. I appreciate your work (I have been your customer for years), your creativity, your commitment, your patience and your support, but I also think that all of us here must be sure that our sites can be updated, because they store sensitive data and, above all, because perhaps we work for third parties and are responsible for projects. So please tell me if I need to change template or if you will resolve the issue soon.

As for the Innovate template, it works with PHP 8.0. I installed a copy of it on a subdomain and it doesn't give me the error that comes up on the site. Can you check what happened, please, if I give you the login details for the site? Thank you very much...

Comunicante
Comunicante
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #131716

HI Rashida. I'm using PHP version 8.0.30 (it's the lowest version of the 8 that my hosting makes me choose, otherwise I have to go back to version 7.4), so the problem also exists with PHP 8. It's very serious that I can't use updated PHP versions, as recommended by my Joomla administration panel. I read that PHP 8 will no longer be supported. I need to keep my site updated, for security reasons. What will you do to allow your users to use an updated PHP version? Thanks...

K
Kieron
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #131743

Agreed ! Using older PHP versions is not ideal! PB and Helix Ultimate need URGENT upgrading to run with PHP 8.2 ... We have less that 6 weeks of support left with PHP 8.0

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 6 months ago #131823

Hi Kieron,

Thanks for reminding. We are aware of the fact though. Our team is working with so many projects at a time. But we will not let our customers be down in terms of upgrade.

Best Regards