First Impression / Bugs EasyStore - Question | JoomShaper

First Impression / Bugs EasyStore

swemmel

swemmel

EasyStore 7 months ago

A first quick testrun on the EasyShop / Allure-template give me a first impression. As I was afraid of the product is not actually finalized and lacks stuff that other shops have. Though I love the integration with PageBuilder and the pretty clear UI of the Shops backend. Here are my first remarks/bugs that I found. If I have more time I will do more testing for you guys:

• No Guest checkout, people are forced to make an account
  • When adding a product to wishlist I get the error "JLIB_JS_AJAX_ERROR_OTHER"
  • No compare products
  • No email template(s)
  • No option for "Inform me when product is in stock"
  • When edit a order in the backend, there is no back-button. When you leave the screen with cancel the order is still checked-in by the administrator
  • Tracking inventory does not work well.
    • Not at the level of Variants (When customer buys more then 1 variant only the stock of 1 of the sold products is modified)
    • Not at the Product level (When have underlaying variants, the main inventory of the product is not modified when 1 or more variants are sold)
  • No "Continue Shopping" in cart-module

Payment options

• Mollie

Shipment options

• DHL
  • UPS
7 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #132771

Hi there,

I appreciate you reaching out. I sincerely apologize for this oversight. I will share your request to our developer team. I hope the developer team will add this feature as soon as possible.

-Thanks

swemmel
swemmel
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #132778

Hi There, My list did grow a little bit more. :)

• No Guest checkout, people are forced to make an account
  • When adding a product to wishlist I get the error "JLIB_JS_AJAX_ERROR_OTHER"
  • No compare products
  • No email template(s)
  • No option for "Inform me when product is in stock"
  • When edit a order in the backend, there is no back-button. When you leave the screen with cancel the order is still checked-in by the administrator
  • Tracking inventory does not work well.
    • Not at the level of Variants (When customer buys more then 1 variant only the stock of 1 of the sold products is modified)
    • Not at the Product level (When have underlaying variants, the main inventory of the product is not modified when 1 or more variants are sold)
  • No "Continue Shopping" in cart module (after adding products to cart)
  • Checkout page on mobile needs some adjustment (see picture)
  • After checkout it would be nice to have a summary of your order instead of just the line "Thanks for your purchase"
  • After checkout and press back-button in browser you get an error: "0 Invalid checkout information. You may come early or not in a proper way."
  • Customer Profile shows standard Joomla profile with settings like Editor, Frontend Language, etc etc". A customer is not interested in this, he/she 99 out of 100 times does not even know the meaning of these settings. Better hide this stuff for shop-visitors/shop-customers.
  • When adding more product to cart then there are in stock you just get a popup with the message "training.pswemmelaar.nl meldt het volgende. You cannot add more Drop Shoulder Top (XS | Taupe) to the cart.". This happens for example when there is 1 product in stock and people ad 2 or more to the cart. I think it is better to prevent the possibility to add more items then there are in stock.
  • The same popup appears when there is 1 item in stock and you add that item to the cart and then go back to the article. The article still shows "in stock" but when you add the article again to the cart the popup appears.
  • No Captcha/reCaptcha at adding reviews. A lot of spam will appear.
  • There is no option to set if the prices of the products are shown included or excluded taxes. Now I got the surprise that during checkout 21% VAT was added to the price. A lot of shops show the price on the website including taxes and on the checkout page you will see the price split in price of product + price of taxes. (For example, price of a product in the product listing is €121,00, but on the checkout page the price of the product is €100,00 and taxes are €21,00)

Payment options

• Mollie

Shipment options

• DHL
  • UPS
swemmel
swemmel
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #132781

The checkout page on mobile need some adjustment. See screenshot.

![]https://imgbox.com/taAo0q3w

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #132815

Thank you so much :)

swemmel
swemmel
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #132824

You are welcome. :)

Atlas
Atlas
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #132821

i don't want you to blow this up too much and have it turn into ewieder crap like virtua-mart. then we can go to the orhginal ones too.

The concept is called "EASYStore", not "KOMPLEX-STORE"... Please think very carefully which options you want to include. Not every crap should be considered just because a customer wants it!

"EasyStore" schuld stay "Easy"!

swemmel
swemmel
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #132823

Most things I addressed are bugs. It has nothing to do with making things complicated. Besides that, I think that things that extend the functionallity of EasyStore can be accomplished with plugins, so that only people who need it can install the needed plugins. The backend, like EasyStore developed, is in my opinion very suitable for this.

So, I do not blow up anything, I just want to help JoomShaper to have an award-winning component. Besides, what you call crap, can be very usefull or even required for other users.

Best regards, Peter