Van J2store To Easystore - Question | JoomShaper

Van J2store To Easystore

Rob

Rob

EasyStore 7 months ago

Hi, I had read the information of the new easystore component and it looks promessing. Now I am stuck with a left over from J2store in the Joomla 3 environment. Do you think there is or wil be a tool tot migrate from J2store to easystore? I have in about 150 products and don't like to write them all again i a new store. At this moment I shutdown the j2store component on the live website.

23 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #134218

You won on Joomla lottery, I hope that error logs file wouldn't be big as "Rock" after 24h ;p

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 7 months ago #133080

Hello Rob

We are working on a migration tool which will allow you to migrate from J2Store or other third-party e-commerce component. It will take us some time to develop. Please allow us a month or two. Hopefully, we will finish the development by then.

Best regards

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #133132

If I may....

there is J2Store 4.0x for Joomla 4 already, they published that version in August 2023. The last update was 3 weeks ago. Yes, it works quite well. Temporary You can use it, but test first.

Rob
Rob
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #133152

Hi Paul, I tried from may to last week. from beta to final and it doesend works perfect. I only having errors and issues. Besides that. the Arino joomla 3 template cannot be used. so in fact the whole website is damaged and cannot be used properly. aldo j2store is now free, I dont want to use it anymore becaus it is not complete, work not 100% from a joomla 3 store and there is no joomshaper template.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #133155

In that case, keep Joomla 3 + J2Store for now, all should work for next weeks.

Rob
Rob
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #134196

I like to change the j2store website to Easystore when a couple of things are ready to use:

• A nice shoping template available (using now the arino template)
  • An import tool fron j2store to easystore
  • A mollie or other option to pay by bank transactions
  • Joomla 5 ready is a fact

Can you keep me informed please?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #134208

Joomla 5 ready is a fact

Yes, and No. No responsible webmaster will use version 5.0.0 on a production site. It is wiser to wait for J5.0.3 or even J5.0.5+. Especially if Joomla 4.4 has support for another 12 months.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #134209

A nice shoping template available , An import tool fron j2store to easystore, A mollie or other option to pay by bank transactions.

All those are planned as I know.

Rob
Rob
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #134216

Hi Paul, How are you doing. we are all going to experience it, I have every confidence in Joomshaper. Today I updated three Joomla websites to 5, one with the fixter template, and two with helix ultimate. :-) they still working like a rock

Rob
Rob
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #134219

"it happend all so fast" ,, Recover (what I sayd), I updated to J4.4.0, you are right 5 is to risky

Rob
Rob
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #137410

Hello, Is there any news for a tool to extract j2store into easy store?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 6 months ago #137428

yes, indeed some migration tools are on the to-do-list already, but as you know, we first make to focus on fixing bugs and adding new payment gates, then I am sure we look into those points. Yes, it will take a while.

CT
Chaka T.
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #139001

Me too, i hope a migration tool from J2STORE to Easystore will will be available very soon. I have several sites that I need to migrate.

Rob
Rob
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #139008

Can we vote on a "urgent list"? What do I have on a black fryday offer when I cannot make use of it. :-)

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 5 months ago #139049

In next update (1.0.5) not, but it should be in December update.

So by now keep J2Store ;)

Rob
Rob
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #139079

That would be great!! So, in about months and not years, That is good news. Thanks for the update Paul :-)

Rob
Rob
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #144421

hi,

is there any update? i can see arino is updated to j4. but is there a tool to go from j2store to easystore? today I did me 101st test to local and some thins are working from just J2store and Joomla4. but it is not stabile and is not look exactly like the 3.9 website. I am waiting becaus I don't want to write 160 articles again. for the time I have been waiting is could better write them in a new Joomla and new webshop and new template.

CT
Chaka T.
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #144581

In reality, I hoped that the Joomshaper team would take this opportunity to create this migration tool from j2store to Easystore. It must be said that migration solutions exist. Personally I did business with next-cart.com, when I was migrating from misjoShop to J2store. The migration tool was not yet available, they produced it for me and 5 days later everything was ok. Right now, I have ordered the migration tool from J2store to EasyStore. It will be available within 5 days. The good news is that you won't have to pay the price I paid to migrate 100 items, 100 users and 100 orders. All I can tell you is that this tools will be available on the site shortly (https://next-cart.com/cart). You can wait. Once the migration is done from my county, I will inform you.

Have a nice day

swemmel
swemmel
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #144789

Hi Armand,

Thanks for this tip. I will be happy to pay $20 to migrate a J2Store website. I will bet my money that they will be sooner with a migration tool then Joomshaper. In my opinion Joomshaper has to much on their plate. A lot of complaints about support, launching a buggy and far from complete shopping cart and it is still long from 100%. For example administrators are still not notified when an order is placed, which is one of the most important functions in a shopping cart. I do not know if they are short on employees or that the employees are under qualified, but I think it is important for JS to adress the problems and make things better, otherwise a lot of customers will walk away. And that would be a shame. In my opinion JS has a lot of potential.

Kind regards, Peter

Davelia
Davelia
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #144735

Hi,

I am also very interested in this migration from J2Store to EasyStore for the same reason claimed in this message thread. And I am also in contact with NextCart to carry out these migrations, but it would be very interesting to have the JoomShaper solution.

Thank you all very much for shedding more light on this problem.

Best regards,

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #144745

Unfortunately, we do not yet know the date when this import will be implemented. First of all, we need to fix the bugs that annoy users, then the time will surely come for this type of tool. I only hope it would be in next weeks.

Rob
Rob
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #144806

Hi Paul, Thank you for the honest answer. Unfortunately I can't do anything with it. The wait for the J2store update took more than 1.5 years. Only we can't do anything with it. Not your fault but annoying for me. I cannot transfer a working webshop. Today I tried at least five times to get something working. I restored lampp (xampp for linux) to php 8.1 just in case. Then I transferred the backup of the j2store website to my local machine. Then I updated J2store to version com_j2store_v4-4.0.4-pro. Everything continues to work except for a few CSS things such as the display of a select box or the display of the search bar, which I can handle just fine.

read the next answar

Rob
Rob
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #144807

But then, after the update to Joomla 4.2, things go wrong. and I see one error after another. I don't know PHP and I can solve some small issues but not the big problems. I also ask myself whether solving that "one error" is really the solution or whether this will lead to the next error.

I also installed the updated Arino template in the Joomla 4 environment. Complete with the Arino_settings.sjon. But unfortunately this was not the solution. Not even when I try another Jooomshaper template that is Joomla 4 ready.

json_decode(): Argument #1 ($json) must be of type string, stdClass given

and

Failed opening required '/opt/lampp/htdocs/evo/components/com_content/helpers/route.php' (include_path='.:/opt/lampp/lib/php')