Finion: Mega Menu - Menu Item Links are Not Working - Question | JoomShaper

Finion: Mega Menu - Menu Item Links are Not Working

MS

Mikael Stokkebro

Helix Framework 2 years ago

Hi I am using Finion to build a site.

I am having a problem with menu items in the megamenu. The menu items are shown in the menu, but they are not clickable, even though they have a correct a href and a URL.

<li class="item-190 menu_item item-header"><a href="/da/home/home-default">Boligbyggeri</a></li>

Under the first top item "Byggeri", I have added a row with an intro text above the menu items.

http://web21.obh-gruppen.dk/da/

I am using the latest quickstart of Finion.

5 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #12449

Hi there!

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Would you please recheck the documentation:

https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/helixultimate/mega-menu-builder

If issue persists then give me your admin access through the hidden content to check the issue.

Best Regards

MS
Mikael Stokkebro
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #12452

To the best of my knowledge I have followed the instructions of the documentation:

1. I Clicked “Add New Row” button.
  2. I selected a Menu layout.
  3. I clicked “Save” button from top bar to refresh/rebuild content.
  4. The 3 submenu items was added.
  5. I added another row with a Custom module.
  6. I clicked “Save” button from top bar to refresh/rebuild content.

I have notised that the items have an item-header class, but according to the documentation, that would require the item-type to be "Menu Heading" or "External Links".

My menu item types are "SP Pagebuilder - Page".

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #13568

Hi there!

Please take my sincere apology!

The problem seems solved now.

Would you please check and let me know?

Best Regards

MS
Mikael Stokkebro
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #13585

Hi,

Thanks.

I can tell that you added { pointer-events: all!important; } to the custom.css, so the links are working , but they still have the class .item-header which they shouldn't have according to the documentation, since the item-type is not set as "Menu Heading" .

It seems like the megamenu puts a .menu-heading class to all second level menu items, even though they aren't set to be. Is it supposed to work this way?

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #13719

It should not cause any further issue I guess. But I will try to talk with the team about it.

Thanks