Cannot Read Properties Of Undefined (reading 'data') After Upgrading Tot Joomla 4 - Question | JoomShaper

Cannot Read Properties Of Undefined (reading 'data') After Upgrading Tot Joomla 4

JS

Judith Schoorlemmer

SP Page Builder 5 months ago

Hi,

I just upgraded my website to Joomla 4. It took me some time, but it worked. But when I try to open pages in SP Page Builder, I get an error with the text: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'data')

I have uninstalled SP Page Builder and re-installed it. But no change. I have PHP 8.0.

What can I do?

Best regards, Judith Schoorlemmer

45 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #139916

Hi there,

I appreciate you reaching out. I sincerely apologize for this oversight. Trying to find out the solution. But, No solution found. Can you give me time to check your site on my localhost?

-Thanks

JS
Judith Schoorlemmer
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #139961

Hi Toufiq,

Thank you for your reply, of course I'll give you time to check it. Glad that someone is helping out, because I've tried for many, many hours now.

Best regards, Judith

pgypps
pgypps
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #140745

ive had this on 3 different sites over the last 2 months ...all have had the last 3 updates and it hasnt helped..the issue comes and goes. Judith, who do you host with ? im on siteground.

JS
Judith Schoorlemmer
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #140865

I have a small, personal host, which I have good contact with. But I don't think this is the problem. page Builder worked just fine with Joomla 3, on the same server.

P
Paul
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #140776

I have the eactly the same issue as described above. Jooma 4.4.1 Page Builder 5.2.2

Please update me with any progress made.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #140949

Hi there,

I've successfully downloaded your site backup using the Akeeba Backup extension and installed it on my local server. Everything appears to be functioning correctly. However, your console displayed an error indicating difficulty loading resources. If you're using CloudFlare, consider disabling the rocket_loader. Additionally, you may want to attempt the process again after disabling mod_security on your hosting server. This should help resolve the resource loading issue. If you encounter any further challenges or need additional assistance, please feel free to reach out.

-Thanks

P
Paul
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #140968

Hi Toufiq,

I assume your reply with directed to Judith and her system.

I found some additional information which may help.

I have one particular user who is accessing the page builder through the administrator backend. When he logs in the Notification checks all show as errors. EG 'Error on checking overides.' Unknow Joomla', 'Unknow Extentions', Unknow request' .

When accessing the page builder he gets the 'Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'data') message. If he clicks the 'Back to admin' button, this loggs him out, when he re-logs in the notifications all show green and the page builder works fine.

Sometimes the user would click on the back button of the browser, in this case the issue continues until the 'Back to admin' button is clicked on the error message.

This happens every day for this one user, any thoughts on what may be the cause?

Thanks

Paul

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #141147

Can i get the site login credential?

JS
Judith Schoorlemmer
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #141331

I can't seem to find my answer to you. Maybe others should better start a new topic? As lots of people sharing this topic for maybe different problems?

My host is not switching the mod_security off and I don't use cloudflare. But I have an errorlog of the server, which may explain more? I'll put it in the hudden section.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #141659

Did you change the administrator login URL?

JS
Judith Schoorlemmer
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #141730

No I didn't?

0815joomlauser
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #141034

Hi Toufiq, I have the same problems as Pauls friend have on my system in a different way. I made a backup with akeeba an moved to another server. Set it up with kickstart and mysql 8. Then using component sppagebuilder entering settings, etc. always "Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'data')" What can I do? Thanks Udo

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 4 months ago #141148

Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue?

JS
Judith Schoorlemmer
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #143078

So... anything new yet? I'm still struggling with the error and can't reach my pages.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 months ago #143148

Please provide me with the correct login URL for administrator access of administrator. Cause the administrator login URL redirects me to the home page. Thanks

JS
Judith Schoorlemmer
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #144780

Hi Toufiq,

This is strange, as I didn't change anything at the site. But I edited your logon info and sent it to the hidden section.

Hope this will work out.

Judith

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 months ago #144951

Administrator url redirect me on home page instead of login page. Thanks

F
frigi
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #145815

Hi, I have the same situation like you. The only way to edit pages is to click on the back button. It bings me back to a login page, after redo the login it works as normal.

But it is very annoing.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 months ago #145940

Maybe you have added any code or used any third party extensions on your site. That's why occurred this problem. Thanks

F
frigi
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #145942

No, the same site (backup) work on another hosting.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 months ago #145985

Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue? Besides, Please share a screencast of the full scenario. Thanks

F
frigi
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #146064

here you can see what append in my case: https://files.fm/f/hvct4xckmk

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 months ago #146097

Where exactly did you click? I can't see your mouse pointer. Thanks

F
frigi
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #146152

Here you can find a new video with the mouse: https://files.fm/f/vsvuwp3yvn

This are the steps:

1. login
  2. checks errors
  3. no media is visible
  4. log out
  5. login (no change)
  6. open pages list in page builder
  7. error
  8. click on back to admin button
  9. login
  10. everithings it's ok
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 months ago #146206

Did you change administrator URL?

https://prnt.sc/fgYdIV5U_oF0

F
frigi
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #146702

I did not provide login credentials.

With my hosting provider I have changed the version of MariaDb (now with one supported by Joomla 5). With some browser works better, but not with Chrome.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #146819

Please check the screenshot.

Genadijs
Genadijs
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #150338

Hello, I also had a problem with invisible pages!

The list of all pages created in SP Page Builder has disappeared in the admin panel. When I try to somehow access the list of my pages, sometimes the error message Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'data') pops up.

Previously, all my pages were divided into categories, after updating the SP Page Builder component, I noticed that all the created categories disappeared, but the site worked and did not require updating, so it’s difficult for me to say at what point the problem with invisible pages in the admin appeared SPPB panel.

I came to the conclusion that the problem was in the categories created by earlier versions of SPPB, so I decided to try to do this...

1. in the admin panel SPPB created the SERVICES category. since I can't access the page through the SPPB admin I go to the site I go to the page I need and click the EDIT PAGE (Fronted editor) button
  2. In the page settings, I select the created SERVICES category and select the language I need. I save the page.

Now in the SPPB admin panel I select to show only what is in the SERVICES category and select the language I need. This is the only way I can get each of my pages back.

There is another way, export each page through (Fronted editor) and then import it again through the SPPB admin, but here’s how to delete the old page...???

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #150418

Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue?

Genadijs
Genadijs
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #150520

Hello! I sent you your login information. I have created a backup copy of the site but please be careful! This is a big website project. Thank you!

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #150622

Super administrator access, please. Thanks

Genadijs
Genadijs
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #150674

Sorry, you are now a super user!

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #150724

I've successfully downloaded your site backup using Akeeba Backup, and it's running smoothly on my localhost. It appears that your server might be blocking the loading of resources for the Page Builder, which is likely the cause of the issue. Thank you.

Genadijs
Genadijs
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #150835

but before the SPB update everything worked as it should, we did not change the server. how do we fix this?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #150881

I have checked older version of Page Builder. But, the result is same. Will you please disable the mod_security and check again. Thanks

Genadijs
Genadijs
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #150995

Sorry, I don’t quite understand where I can disable this mod_security?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #151095

Can you tell me the version name that was previously? Which is work smoothly.

https://prnt.sc/cT7T6xv4V_eJ

-Thanks

Genadijs
Genadijs
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151237

It's hard for me to say which version it was. the site was created on version SPB 3.x.x, then we switched to Joomla 4 and imported all pages into SPB 4.x.x. We noticed that the list of categories was missing, but all the pages were visible. Previously, all our pages were arranged by category because there were a lot of them. Then we switched to version SPB 5.x.x. but all pages were edited only in the Frontend Editor, and recently we noticed that the list of all pages was missing in the SPB admin panel. I can try to upload a copy of the site to a test subdomain, check how the site will work if it is loaded again.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #151563

Please create a staging site with your backup and lets try to check your older version. Thanks

AM
Admir Meskovic
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151321

Hello. I am experiencing the same problem on admin panel. Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'data')

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #151566

Please try to check todays released version and let ue know the update. Thanks

AM
Admir Meskovic
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151608

Thanks, but it is the same. You can check yourself with credentials I sent in previous comment.

Genadijs
Genadijs
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151640

Thank you, Toufiq! This update (SPB v5.2.8) fixes everything. All my pages are visible again.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #151711

You are most welcome! We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you're satisfied with our service.

To officially close this forum post, mark it as accepted. If you have any more questions or need further assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

As for writing a review about our product and support quality, we would greatly appreciate it! Your feedback helps us improve and serves as a valuable reference for others. Please take a moment to share your thoughts about your experience with our product and the support you received. Your input is valuable to us and the community. Thank you in advance for your time and support.

Joomla Extension Directory

JED.png

TrustPilot

Trust-Pilot.png

We're here to assist you with any further questions or requests you may have. Once again, thank you for choosing our product and for being a part of our community.

Best regards,

Toufiqur Rahman

Team Lead, Tech Support (JoomShaper)

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #151723

@Admir Meskovic Please check now and let me know. Thanks