SP Page Builder Pages No Longer Working Properly - Question | JoomShaper

SP Page Builder Pages No Longer Working Properly

TF

Tracey Field

SP Page Builder 3 years ago

Hi, I had posted earlier to say that links were not working properly but its become a bit more complicated so thought I should repost.

My site was working without issues certainly on Christmas day when I made my last sale. This morning I had a message from a potential customer saying the Buy Now buttons were not working. When I checked the top third of the SP page was frozen with links and YouTube videos not working. The bottom third was working as normal. https://www.confidentdrivers.co.uk/learner-drivers

As I hadn't logged in for three weeks (please don't judge I work and have a lot of family commitments) I did a backup (Akeeba), cleared cache, updated plugins including SP Pagebuilder, JCH Optimize and Google structured data.

I then lost the layouts of my SP pages, past experience made me check JCH Optimize which I have disabled along with Google structured data - my layouts are thankfully back. I will research and come back to this issue later although advice also gratefully received on this.

However, I still have the urgent issue with the links, buttons and YouTube videos not working on the page above. Obviously this is terrible for business if nobody can purchase from this page so would be incredibly grateful for any thoughts and suggestions before I have to rebuild the page again from scratch.

Thanks in advance. Tracey

Helix Ultimate, SP Pagebuilder 3.7.8 , Joomla 3.9.23 (p.s. be kind I am not a techy and know nothing about code hence why I purchased a page builder)

2 Answers
TF
Tracey Field
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #1116

For anyone else with similar issues. The top third of the page that appeared frozen was completely static, you couldn't select areas or text it was just like a photo of my website, almost as if there was a type of barrier over the top of it all. I deleted the last section in the area that was frozen (directly above the area that was working) and that solved the problem, the page came back to life with links working. Why a section that had been working perfectly suddenly froze all the page above it I have no idea. (theories, ideas welcome to help avoid the same issue in the future). Now I only need to rebuild that section rather than the whole page thankfully. Hope that helps someone else in the future.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #1130

Hello Tracey Field

Thanks for sharing the solution with the community.

Best regards