Problem With Displayng Submenu Items In Canvas Menu On Gazette Template (Joomla V5.0.2) - Question | JoomShaper

Problem With Displayng Submenu Items In Canvas Menu On Gazette Template (Joomla V5.0.2)

E

enrico

Template 2 months ago

Hi, on a under developement web site based to your Shaper_Gazette template while browse on iPhone and iPad with Safari the submenu items on canvas menu are not displayed and the "arrow" it'is impossible to pick.

On Hidden Content the site url.

System: Joomla! v5.0.2 - PHP v8.2.15 - MariaDB 10.11

Thank you in advance for any help.

enrico

14 Answers
E
enrico
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #147677

Hello, More info about the issue. I've tried with some Android device also (Galaxy Tab A8 tablet and Galaxy A50 Smartphone) and they also don't display correctly submenu on canvas menu. If iPad is turned in horizontal mode the submenus are visible and functioning.

Regards

enrico

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #147797

Hello enrico

Apology for the inconvenience. Please share your administrator access here to check the issue. Use the Hidden Content box to share the credentials. Make sure that you have a full site backup with you before sharing.

Best regards

E
enrico
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #147814

Thank you Ofi.

Your credentials are on Hidden Content.

enrico

E
enrico
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #147867

Hi Ofi, I noticed you haven't logged into the back-end of my site yet. Are there any problems with the credentials I provided you? If you could help me I would be infinitely grateful, tomorrow I should show the site in development to the client.

Thanks

enrico

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #147899

Apology for the delay. I have used this CSS to templates/shaper_gazette/css/custom.css file.

.main-megamenu ul.menu>li>span {
    display: inline-block;
    padding: 5px 20px;
}

Please check now.

E
enrico
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #147924

Thanks Ofi, but on my iPhone and iPad it is still impossible to select and then display the submenu items.

Tested without success on: iPhone 7 os 15.8 - iPhone 11 os 17.3 - iPad 9 os 17.3

Kind Regards

enrico

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #148034

I have modified templates/shaper_gazette/css/custom.css and templates/shaper_gazette/js/custom.js. Your issues are fixed now.

E
enrico
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #148036

Hi Ofi,

sadly on my iPhone and iPad (vertical view) nothing is changed... The submenu item aren't visible / clikkable

Can you send to me the modified files please.

You can find my email addres on Hidden Content

Thank you very much

enrico

E
enrico
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #148235

Hi Ofi,

for me the offcanvas menu works only on PC/Laptop and on tablet horizontal view. On smartphone (iPhone and Android) and tablet vertical view (iPhone and Android) it's impossible to view/use submenu items. On your demo of shaper Gazette template the submenu items on offcanvas menu for the mobile are displayed in "accordion mode", on my site simply don't work at all. When I analize the canvas menu seem that the min-width is blocked to 260px and does not adapt to the screen size (no responsive). Please can you say to me on what device you tested my site to affirm "Your issues are fixed now. "

Thank you very much.

enrico

E
enrico
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #148586

Hi Ofi, the problem is unresolved yet. Can you help me or it's impossible to you? I've noted that on the shaper_gazette template demo (https://demo.joomshaper.com/?template=gazette) when you click on canvas menu the submenu are displayed only if you click on the arrow at right of the principal item. On my site, shaper_gazette quickstart template based, on the desktop view the submenu is visible directly on mouse hover of the principal item. I think that the issue whit mobile devices is caused by this.

Thank you in advance for any help to solve the issue

enrico

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #148600

I am trying my best to fix the issue. I will need more time. Hopefully, I will solve it soon. The issue is when you use Menu Heading, it does not get required CSS and JavaScript so that dropdown works. I have added necessary Custom CSS for this. I am struggling with the JavaScript part. Please allow me some time.

E
enrico
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #148611

Hi Ofi, I really appreciate your efforts to help me and I'm sure you will be able to solve the problem. Thanks again and good work.

enrico

E
enrico
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #152604

Hi Ofi, mybe have you forgotten my issue... :-(

enrico

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 days ago #155316

I am sorry that I could not find the solution. Please take a developer help.