Unable To Add URL Menu Item With Logo Image - Question | JoomShaper

Unable To Add URL Menu Item With Logo Image

P

Petra

Template 2 months ago

Hi,

I am using the Manufacturer template at http://neumanel.bizy-bee.cz/

I would like to add logo in the middle, so I moved the homepage menu item into hidden menu and created a URL menu item with the image, but when I do it, the whole site collapses with this error: Cannot access protected property Joomla\CMS\Menu\MenuItem::$params

Please, can you tell me how to fix it?

Petra

12 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #150117

I have modified this file:

templates/manufacturer/html/mod_menu/default_url.php

Please check it now.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #149099

so I moved the homepage menu item into hidden menu

Hi. I think this is the reason. Return it back

P
Petra
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #149102

Hi Pavel,

no, I tested that. It crashes even when the homepage menu item is in main menu and published ( it crashes when I add URL type menu item and publish it). Regardless - it should work even if default homepage menu item is in different menu that has no impact on website.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #149705

Hello Petra

I have published this menu item. It works fine. Please share a screenshot of your issue to understand it better. Take a screenshot and share via any platform. For example: Lightshot or Imgur

prnt.sc/UIclZqOwl3R-

Best regards

P
Petra
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #149740

Hi Ofi Khan,

the problem seems to be the image. No matter if I add image (logo) to the menu item which is URL or SP page builder page, it makes the site crash.

Petra

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #149793

I do not understand the issue. When does it crash? Please share necessary screenshots of your issue to understand it better. Take a screenshot and share via any platform. For example: Lightshot or Imgur

P
Petra
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #150111

Hi Ofi Khan,

I mean to add image to menu item like this:

P
Petra
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #150112

This totally breaks the site no matter which type of menu item you select.

P
Petra
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #150177

Hi Ofi Khan,

it's working, thank you!

Petra

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #150555

You are welcome 😊

Please accept the answer that helped you. It will be then easier to find the solution for the other users with the same issue. There is a button to accept answer after each comment.

I have a humble request too. It would be very kind of you if you can manage some moment to give us feedback on 

1. Joomla Extension Directory
  2. TrustPilot

This will inspire us to improve.

P
Petra
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #150666

Hi Ofi Khan,

sure, no problem. From my point of view SP page builder is great and the most missed functionality for me is ability to add different sizes of images for backgrounds and images for mobile and tablet. This is something that I have to bypass by adding extra css rules and it could be done easier using SP Page builder the same way Drupal does it.

Thank you!

Petra

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #150727

Thanks for your feedback.

Have a good day!