Can't Save Anything In SP Page Builder 5 - Question | JoomShaper

Can't Save Anything In SP Page Builder 5

pulsar informatique

pulsar informatique

SP Page Builder 5 months ago

Hi

We have a very weird issue on a site: we can't save anything from SP page builder Even the settings can't be saved I can create a new page but whatever I do inside the page is not saved there is no firewall, no mod security on this server

And on the same server we have another site with the same J4.4.3 +sppage builder 5.2.7 versions without this issue

Where should we look at please? thanks

cyril

16 Answers
pulsar informatique
pulsar informatique
Accepted Answer
5 months ago #149586

We just saw that the issue only occurs in back end. in front end we can save items in pages

pulsar informatique
pulsar informatique
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #149756

Hello No answer ?

S
sydk2017
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #149765

SP Page Builder 5 has a horrible caching issue. I'm really surpised more people don't want them to make the old page builder compatible with Joomla 5.

Maybe we should start a petition?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 months ago #150311

Hello pulsar informatique

Apology for the inconvenience. I have checked your site and it is working fine. Please share a screenshot of your issue to understand it better. Take a screenshot and share via any platform. For example: Lightshot or Imgur

Best regards

pulsar informatique
pulsar informatique
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #150314

Hi I guess you didn't test it in back end thanks

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 months ago #150554

I have added a row. Please check the page.

pulsar informatique
pulsar informatique
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #150565

Sorry but it's wrong. I just tried so again and it doesn't work in backend. you did it in front or something else occurs. I also tried to modify the image of the first addon on the TOTO page, saved it, close the page and edit it again, the image remained the first one How can I send you a video record of what I did ? Thanks

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 months ago #150591

Please share the screencast via any drive link such as Google Drive, Onedrive, Files etc.

CS
Charles Southgate
Accepted Answer
4 months ago #150331

I have the same problem saving pages in the back end. I always get a 404 error. The front end works fine.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 months ago #150464

Hello Charles Southgate

Please post a new question regarding your issue. We will check and help you.

Best regards

pulsar informatique
pulsar informatique
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #155234

Hi I created a new 'test' page in back end and whatever I do (adding a row, adding an addon) when I click save& close, all is lost when I edit the page again. you have all the credentials (see above) , please do the test ut NOT with the frontend editor :) thanks

pulsar informatique
pulsar informatique
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #155236

Actually what I discovered is that IF you delete the browser cache (I mean go to the browser settings and delete all the cookies, navigation history...) and edit back the page you will see the changes!!!

but if then you modify something from the backend editor and save & close, when you edit the page back you won't see the changes .... until you delete the browser cache again !!

S
sydk2017
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #155238

The only thing that has worked for me is adding the following to .htaccess:

DISABLE CACHING

<IfModule mod_headers.c>
Header set Cache-Control "no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"
Header set Pragma "no-cache"
Header set Expires 0 </IfModule>

It's annoying that nobody at Joomshaper really knows what is going on with their own software, and we have to keep discovering our own fixes to stuff like this. Once again, a matter of trying to fix something that is not broken, and then making it worse.

S
sydk2017
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #155243

If you add that code to the .htaccess. then you won't have to clear the browser cache.

pulsar informatique
pulsar informatique
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #155246

thanks sydk2017, I put these lines in the .htaccess under the /administrator folder and it fixed the issue ! I hope this won't be necessary in the future releases of SP Page builder

S
sydk2017
Accepted Answer
3 months ago #155247

Unfortunatly, I think it will be necessary moving forward now. I think the developers at JoomShaper just love making things inconvenient for us.