"Guest User" is All That Shows Up For "Name," ANYWHERE - Question | JoomShaper

"Guest User" is All That Shows Up For "Name," ANYWHERE

EK

Eddie Kominek

EasyStore 2 months ago

This is beyond frustrating. I look at my order list and all I see is:

I go to the details for the order and see:

No billing name or phone number; no shipping name or phone number. The address is also formatted very oddly.

I look at the confirmation email and don't see it there either.

The ONLY place I can see the information entered for the name is if I open a database editor, phpMyAdmin or dbForge and look in the _easystore_orders table where it exists in the shipping_address and billing_address fields. I also have to get the phone number from there! This is horrible for my efficiency. After 30 orders, I am getting close to throwing in the towel with this package. I'm running 1.0.9 and have tried reinstalling the package.

4 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #151114

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out, and I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this oversight. I would like to request to you that, Please read the documenation. I hope you will get the solution.

https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/easystore/general

Best regards,

Toufiqur Rahman (Team Lead, Support)

EK
Eddie Kominek
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #151188

Toufiqur, I've read through the documentation already, adjusted all my setting and have "Guest Checkout" enabled because I really don't need users to register with the website. My customers table is empty in the database, so it's not storing any information there on orders. The orders table has a _customerid as (null) on every row, but the _shippingaddress and _businessaddress are recording the name and phone number there.

My question is: why aren't those names and phone numbers showing up ANYWHERE in the backend when I'm trying to put orders together? I have to use the email generated to get that information. This needs developer attention immediately. If a user of this package needs that information, they either have to use email or know how to dig through database tables to get it.

EK
Eddie Kominek
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #151550

Fantastic, but how is knowing your customer's name and phone number a "feature?" I am seriously getting frustrated having to use dbForge to pry into the easystore database table to find out the simplest of information, LIKE THE NAME OF MY CUSTOMER. This is insane. I cannot recommend this package in this state.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #151543

I have notified our team about the issue, and it has already been discussed. I am confident that they will consider adding this feature in a future update, although it may not be included in the immediate next update. Thank you for your understanding.