Issue After Updating 5.3.1 - Question | JoomShaper

Issue After Updating 5.3.1

Claudio

Claudio

SP Page Builder 2 months ago

before updating to version 5.3.1 everything was fine (v 5.3.0)... the thumbnails were correct

After the update the thumbnails are the wrong size

I restored the site and the database from backup and everything went back to normal so the fault lies with the new version of SPPB

Is it possible that with every update something doesn't work?

25 Answers
BOFHJunior
BOFHJunior
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #156575

You last sentence is sooo true!

Claudio
Claudio
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #156605

but damn... is it possible that none of the team has read it? Could we have at least a shred of an answer?... maybe even just "we will check as soon as possible"... absurd!!! You're making me regret switching to Joomla from wordpress... terrible service (but customer money is good).

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #156717

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out, and I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this oversight. Will you please provide me with a backup and share a screenshot of the problem? We will check your issue in our local environment and try to give you a solution.

Best regards,

Toufiqur Rahman (Team Lead, Support)

S
SIMONI
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #156727

Same for me with version 5.3.1, the article introduction thumbnails do not take the right size. Thumbnail size was correct with version 5.3.0

Claudio
Claudio
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #156737

Thank you for your report... Simoni... Italy??? bye.

Claudio
Claudio
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #156729

The link and password on Hidden Content box

On SPPB 5.3.1 the add-on Articles show no-square thumbnail (template setting 300x300 px)... NB also inside content is too large (not resized).

i restore entire site (SPPB 5.3.0) and thumbnail are fine (square 300x300)... Thank you.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #156768

Is it possible to share a Akeeba backup of your site?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HwEmKAzw-uVWQHdASGHU31nJaJKBSR56/view

Claudio
Claudio
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #156840

I don't want to install additional plugins... my backups are file and database based. It is an SPPB problem, also reported by other users, so do your own installation, do the tests and you will find the problem reported.

the last time I provided super user credentials of the site to the support staff and I was blocked, despite having indicated that I had already tried the removal and subsequent blocking (you were not able to indicate how to remove the old version of SPPB so I had to redo the entire site from scratch)... yet for another attempt at assistance you left me with several items blocked (which I had to unlock myself) without you solving the problem... so do your tests and you will see that the reported problem is real. Joomla: last version and Helix Ultimate Framework... I wish you good work!

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #156841

Please produce the issue here and let me know when you have done.

Claudio
Claudio
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #156843

Hi and thank you... I didn't do anything except upgrade SPPB to version 5.3.1 from 5.3.0... in the "Articles" add-on the thumbnails that previously had the right dimensions, after the update have different dimensions of both the container and the images associated with the articles... nothing else has been done... only the SPPB update . I have already shared images of the page before and after the update....

you can see the right size (SPPB5.3.0) at https://www.mmairo.com/en/collaborations

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #156846

Already, I have checked your screenshot. Will you please produce the issue provided site?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #156852

Can you provide me JSON file of your page? Don't forget to share your images of this page.

Claudio
Claudio
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #156875

the JSON on hidden content

Claudio
Claudio
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #156848

your site is at joomla 4.4.4 version !!! And SPPB is not installed !!!

i said: I didn't do anything except upgrade SPPB to version 5.3.1 from 5.3.0...

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #156951

Export the page as JSON file then make a zip file. Upload the file inside the google drive then provide the download URL.

Claudio
Claudio
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #157042

I have already put the JSON file also in the folder I shared with you earlier on my cloud.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #157069

There is an option to change the thumbnail image to large, small, medium, or full-size.

https://prnt.sc/OXGSL6dtJ-BH

Article thumbnail squeezed for the narrow column of your design. You can improve it by changing the thumbnail to full-size. And you need to change the CSS code. Cause, there are used a standard height of image.

https://prnt.sc/sqgG2A-YO7F0

https://prnt.sc/yj0ML-jD0KGW

#addonId .sppb-addon-articles .sppb-addon-article-layout-content img {
    width: 100%;
    height: 320px;
    object-fit: cover;
}

-Thanks

Claudio
Claudio
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #157083

editing with CSS is ok (I already knew that), but it's an SPPB problem because it should also work from the thumbnail size settings WITHOUT manually intervening on the CSS. In version 5.3.0 everything works normally, so it's an SPPB 5.3.1 ERROR...!!! please settle down.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #157085

I will re-check about your issue. If we find the problem we will update the issue. Thanks

Claudio
Claudio
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #157541

I want to inform you that even updating to version 5.3.2 did not solve the problem, so I went back to version 5.3.0 Also the CSS code provided doesn't work... damn! I know this option and the setting of 300x300 px for thumbnails has not been changed...!!! See thumbnail-size.png on my shared folder.

SPPB has only been updated to version 5.3.1 (and 5.3.2) but it doesn't work!!! or rather you broke it... so fix it !!!

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #157595

Sorry mate. Can you produce the same issue here?

Claudio
Claudio
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #157605

Hi and thank you... i've done ! ... here the steps

step 1: enable production mode in Global Configuration options

returned error: Could not save data. Error: %s

... don't mind.

step 2: enable Joomla Articles Integration on SPPB settings

Step 3: create webpage (article) Test_1 (containing Articles Add-on)

Step 4: create category Lamps

Step 5: create 6 articles... Articolo 1, Articolo 2, Articolo 3 ecc

Step 6: assigned to those articles Category Lamps

Step 7: assigned one image each article on Images and Links tab on editor (step 5, 6 and 7 at the same time)

Step 8: check the webpage and... error still again

Step 9: assign 300x300 px size to Thumbnail on Blog options

Step 10:check the webpage and... error still again

Try yourself !!!

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #157608

We have added a function (height function) for the editorial layout. You will get it next update.

https://helix-framework.org/index.php?option=com_sppagebuilder&view=page&id=59

Claudio
Claudio
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #157643

the problem is maintaining the square appearance... Why does everything work until version 5.3.0 of SPPB and not with the update?... regardless of the template used?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #157694

Got it. The height was auto. We will add this css code next version. Thanks