Article Excerpt - Forum | JoomShaper
Solved Helix Framework

Article Excerpt

Asked by Philippe DE GROOTE 5 years ago Last activity 5 years ago

Hello,

I am trying to make an automatic excerpt for articles,

for example if there is more than 50words then it cuts off with ...

Because the read more option in the article isn't automatic.

Do you have an idea how I could do this ?

Thank you.

Accepted answer

Marked as the solution
Ofi Khan Staff

For this, you might need to add Custom JavaScript. Sorry, we do not provide customization support.

7 more replies

Toufiq Senior Staff

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please check the screenshot.

https://prnt.sc/128w8by

-Thanks

Ofi Khan Staff

Hello Philippe DE GROOTE

Please check the Article Settings for it.

Best regards

Philippe DE GROOTE Asked this

Thank you for your reply, I don't seem to have the options in the screenshot in Articles -> Parameters

Do I have to do something else to have it ?

Thanks.

Ofi Khan Staff

Turn this option (in the screenshot) to Show and then you will get the option to set Read More Limit.

Screenshot at Apr 30 12-25-08.png

Philippe DE GROOTE Asked this

Thank you for your reply but it just makes a limit in the text "Read more" and I would want to make an automatic limit of the text intro of an article (See attachment)

Thanks !

Philippe DE GROOTE Asked this

Okay, thank you for your replies !

Have a nice day,

Thanks.

Ofi Khan Staff

You are welcome. Have a good day!

Log in to reply.