Which And How To Use Video Hosting Platforms With SP LMS? - Question | JoomShaper

Which And How To Use Video Hosting Platforms With SP LMS?

V

Victor

Extension 3 years ago

Hello Guys,

Could you please share your opinions on which video hosting platform (vimeo, youtube, etc) is best in order to manage ACL better on SP LMS?

Second, how to manage ACL on video hosting platforms? I suppose that I should manage ACL on video platforms with URL access based, right?

I will do this for the first time. Any recommadation is welcome.

Thanks and best regards, Victor

3 Answers
Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #16090

Second, how to manage ACL on video hosting platforms? I suppose that I should manage ACL on video platforms with URL access based, right?

Hi.

YouTube is bad for this. Vimeo Bussines (Not Free) Account has thin ACL settings. But both services do not protect the browser extensions to download the video.

In fact, there is no fully protected video hosting. The most secure service is WISTIA. But even using this service, an advanced user can download the video using the browser code inspector.

The easiest prey to download is the video posted on your site directly.

V
Victor
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #16095

Hi Pavel,

Thank you for sharing your comments.

If my paid subscribers/students will download videos for personal use, I don't see big problem here unless their intention was to redistribute and commercialize these branded contents which will be a copyright infringment.

I see that Youtube has 3 types of Visibility (ACL) options: Public, Unlisted (video link based access) and Private (by email invitation). I wonder if I make a video as unlisted, can I still embed and run it on my site? Did anyone try this way? Is it recommendable?

I will check Vimeo Business.
I will check WISTIA too. Any further comments are welcome. Thanks.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #16113

Hello Victor

All video sharing platforms are the same in terms of ACL on SP LMS. Yes, YouTube unlisted type video is workable in SP LMS Course Lessons.

Best regards