Unnecessary Celebrities Input In The Moview Template - Question | JoomShaper

Unnecessary Celebrities Input In The Moview Template

I

Immo

Template 2 years ago

Hello Forum, I have a question about the "moview" template: Isn't it possible to simply add the actors or directors to the film by hand? You always have to fill out the complete form in order to be able to create a person. I just want the person's name in the description of the movie. If I have to give pictures, date of birth, curriculum vita ... etc. (all mandatory fields) for every person, then I will need 100 years until I have entered all this information just to display the name for the description. It can't be, can it? It must be possible to just enter the names without all of these other mandatory fields?

Thx for a hint or helping me

6 Answers
Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #18822

Hello Immo,

You want to reduce the mandatory fields requirements from the SP Movie Database, right?

I
Immo
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #18842

Yes, in principle the actor or the director is enough for me. Even without a link. Just so that the visitor knows that this is the actor and the director of the film, without all the information.

I think the feature is great, but otherwise I won't finish it.

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #19005

Hello there,

For now, you need to fill out everything. However, thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with us. I will talk about it with our Dev-team. Let's see!

I
Immo
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #19739

Thank you very much for your answer ! That where very nice if you can talk with the Dev-team !!

But you have to admit that it's a lot of nonsense if you only need the names and not the rest. At least one should be able to switch off these functions and not treat all of them as mandatory fields.

Btw. It is possible to switch the frontend language into german ? Or in which php file can you change these definitions ? Or is there a language pack for this template ?

Example:

Movie Info

Director: Megan Carri   
Actors: Nina Dobrev, Selina Mario, Emmanuelle Chriqui   
Release Date: 20 Jan, 2020
Genres: Romantik    
Language: deutsch

Example in german:

Film info

Regisseur: Megan Carri  
Schauspieler: Nina Dobrev, Selina Mario, Emmanuelle Chriqui 
Erscheinungsdatum: 20 Jan, 2020
Kategorie: Romantik 
Land: GB
Sprache: deutsch

And other english definitions

Thx for a answer because this template is very, very nice and I like it to use it for our new cinema-website.

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #19753

Hello there,

Please read the blog here and follow all the instructions there. It will help you to make a multilingual website without any hassle, hopefully.

Secondly, we will definitely talk with the team about your issue and hopefully will definitely come up with a solution.

Thanks!

I
Immo
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #19890

Hello Muntasir,

thx for your answer and the link to the multilingual website manual, but that doesn't work with this template. I already know how a multilingual website works. I tried anyway, but nothing changed. I still have the English text (headings, category description, etc.) Somehow it has to be done differently.