FontAwesome Pro - Question | JoomShaper

FontAwesome Pro

P

Pieter

Feature Request 2 years ago

Hi,

We are getting more and more projects where FontAwesome Pro icons are requested. Can you build FA Pro support for SP Pagebuilder?

Thanks! Pieter

12 Answers
Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #19320

Hello

Thank you for your query. I will share the issue with my team and convey your kind message.

P
Pieter
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #19321

Thanks. Could you please let us know the outcome if/when it will be built into SP Pagebuilder?

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #19731

Hello

Apologies for the late response. Well, practically this is not possible and no product from us comes with any third-party Pro features. It will always be free version. If you want to use Pro addons, then you are welcome to purchase subscription from FontAwesome and import the icons. That would be convenient.

Thank you

B
blueoceanyyc
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #25808

I think the request as I read it, is Joomshaper adding a feature / toggle to set Fontawesome Free or Pro. And if selected Pro, to allow setting kit id. And then hopefully have Joomshaper load the Pro icons in the addons using FA.

Is there a chance that Joomshaper Dev's can look into this?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #25828

Hi, If I may...

Not in SPPB 3.7 , maybe in next months but in SPPB 4.x. But I can't make you promise that PRO will be implemented, we generally focus on the free versions.

P
Pieter
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #25882

@blueoceanyyc: you are absolutely right, this is what I mean. We have the license, but no way to load the Pro-version natively through SP Pagebuilder. Hence also no native support to select the light/regular/bold-versions of the icons, so this needs to be done by some dirty Javascripting with which we replace far/fas/fal-class names. :-)

With the FA-Pro userbase growing and growing, I think it would be a natural shift in priorities for the JS team.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #25886

I understand. I asked DEV team about plans / icons feature - I will let you know soon.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #25887

I got this offcial answer:

Nope, we don’t have any plan to add support for Font Awesome Pro right now. Webmaster (in SPPB 4.x) can use any icon font generated using Fontello or Icomoon and, also native support for IcoFont.

Thus, the range of icons will increase significantly, you will not be limited to FontAwesome Free icons only. In the meantime team is working to add one more library.

P
Pieter
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #25889

Thanks Paul, that at least clarifies the current roadmap. In that case I hereby submit FA Pro support as a feature request! ;-)

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #25891

Thanks for understanding.

SPPB 4.x has a completely rebuilt engine - that's why developers first want to focus on running it, later (in upcoming months) we can consider users wishes.

P
Pieter
Accepted Answer
2 weeks ago #151317

Hi Paul, Is there any update on this feature? Would still love to be able to select all the FA6 Pro icons from the Icons addon or when selecting icons for other features of addons. Thanks!

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 weeks ago #151329

I know it's still on the wish list, but unfortunately there were more important requests in the meantime. So still waiting.