PayPal Checkout Died - Question | JoomShaper

PayPal Checkout Died

Patricia Lee

Patricia Lee

Template 2 years ago

Hi there

I set up the Educon Educational Template with SP LMS and tested the process right to paypal which worked out fine. So launch was a week ago and today I got a call from a customer that said on check out they got an error.

I checked and can see it's happened twice.

This is the URL error that comes up now: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/shoppingcart/error?flowlogging_id=fbec14c961716&code=AMOUNT_ERROR&mfid=1622835045345_fbec14c961716]

1. Any idea what's going on? The Paypal account is fine. Its not set to sandbox and I did test checkout. Those things were all done and working.

2. Even if you can figure it out.. I wonder .. is it possible to have it go to a form instead? My client also has SQUARE UP and she could just enter purchases into that. (and would there be a way to mark the order processed so the video course goes to the clients account and they can watch it)

Either way.. I want her to get her payments so what ever help you can throw at me.. I would love the help.

Thank you :)

PS as a side note.. I have the key added to the SP LMS and my email added to it as well.. (and it has updated before) but it wont accept this update.. yet the template did no probs this time.

12 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #22796

Hi,

Would you please check the issue again?

It seems solved now.

Please check and let me know:)

Best Regards

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #19887

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Would you please request her initially to recheck the PayPal settings to see if it is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVVYI_wo1uI

Best Regards

Patricia Lee
Patricia Lee
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #20161

Following the video here is what I did

Step 1 - Website Preferences

The settings are found to be as shown in the video. There is an exception.. this video discusses Payment Data Transfer being shown in the Website Tools section and it no longer appears there in PayPals Tools. Nor can I find where one could possibly set this.

Auto Return OFF Block non-encrypted website payment OFF Payment data transfer (no longer on the page to adjust) PayPal account optional ON (tried turning off- no diff) Contact telephone number OFF (tried turning on- no diff) Express Checkout settings OFF (tried turning on - no diff)

Step 2 block accidental payments - this is not findable on paypal as shown in the video. All that currently shows is how to block automated payments of my own.

Step 3 does not apply as there are not buttons. It's the cart provided by this system

This video needs updating maybe? But I have checked all pages I can find in paypal given this one.

Patricia Lee
Patricia Lee
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #20162

Sorry about that mess above.. I am trying to keep a format you can follow...

Following the video here is what I did

Step 1 - Website Preferences

The settings are found to be as shown in the video. There is an exception.. this video discusses Payment Data Transfer being shown in the Website Tools section and it no longer appears there in PayPals Tools. Nor can I find where one could possibly set this.

Auto Return OFF Block non-encrypted website payment OFF Payment data transfer (no longer on the page to adjust) PayPal account optional ON (tried turning off- no diff) Contact telephone number OFF (tried turning on- no diff) Express Checkout settings OFF (tried turning on - no diff)

Step 2 block accidental payments - this is not findable on paypal as shown in the video. All that currently shows is how to block automated payments of my own.

Step 3 does not apply as there are not buttons. It's the cart provided by this system

This video needs updating maybe? But I have checked all pages I can find in paypal given this one.

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #20168

Actually the video is not from us. I have googled about the related issue and those were closer.

I meant to check your recent settings, as if the PayPal settings is not okay then the issue is not with our product.

Sorry if the video is out dated now...

Best Regards

Patricia Lee
Patricia Lee
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #20766

Hi there

I had a similar issue with another template company, and it turned out it was the template.

Could this go to teir two just to be sure before I go ripping my hair out? Not saying it is for sure but becuase this is the second site to crap out at PayPal and the first required an update to the checkout..

Also, hoping tier two knows more about this as .. well we pay a premium for help. I'm able to create buttons that work fine with this account. Its just through the software that it does not.

Thank you.

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #20780

Hi,

There were some pending updates ...I have updated the SP LMS.

Would you please update the rests, clear your joomla and browser cache and check the issue again. If persists, let me know about it.

Best Regards

Patricia Lee
Patricia Lee
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #21568

Hi again

I took a few days to test out just incase the router cache and ISP took a while.

In testing today it gives the same error.

I have J2Store installed and as you can see it checks out fine using the same account. https://wonderfulworldofpainting.com/index.php/store

I haven't done a huge release of this store for the client yet so.. I am not in a panic or anything. But I do need the customers to be able to pay up.

Your help in figuring out why the LMS will not check out is appreciated.

Side note. Have you ever thought of adding a plugin for Square Up? Or adding any other methods? PayPal seems to be a real bugger for this. (either way, again, I really appreciate your help).

Patricia Lee
Patricia Lee
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #22651

Hi again

It's been a week since my last add to this ticket and three weeks since the ticket opened.

Could I work with someone maybe in Tier 2.

Again. the J2Store works great on this site - and goes to PayPal checkout no problem. So PayPal settings are not an issue here.

Thank you in advanc for some help on this.

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #22663

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

We will check the issue again, Initially it seems issue with PayPal Settings...

But allow us time to check it further.

Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards

Patricia Lee
Patricia Lee
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #22812

Hi there

OMG I cleared my chache and BOOM.

My sincere apologies.. this software is so freaking amazing. I was worried I might have to walk away and .. the site owner loves it so much the idea had me down.

Thank you again.. I love you guys. Never again Rocket Theme. Never.

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #22849

Thanks for your appreciations and loving words:)

You are always welcome!