Cannot Save Template Style Settings - Question | JoomShaper

is live, now with multi-currency selling.

Cannot Save Template Style Settings

KE Comm

KE Comm

Helix Framework 3 weeks ago

I moved my website from the development server to the live server. Now I cannot change template style settings. I get an error. The "Drafting" in the top right keeps spinning and I get the error message "Error undefined"

I already checked and fixed file permissions. Helix ultimate template v2.2.10 Joomla 6.1.3, PHP 8.4

Any ideas what can cause this?

0
3 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 weeks ago #233371

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.

"Error undefined" with the spinner stuck means the save request isn't returning valid JSON — it's being blocked or truncated before Joomla can respond. Helix Ultimate v2.2.10 is fully compatible with Joomla 6.x and PHP 8.4, so this points to the new server's configuration.

Two things to check first:

  1. max_input_vars — the style form posts several hundred fields, so the default 1000 gets exceeded and the data is silently truncated. Please increase it to 5000.
  2. mod_security / firewall — the most common cause after a migration. Custom CSS and header code often trigger WAF rules, returning a 403 before Joomla sees the request. Please ask your host to check the mod_security log for the time you clicked Save.

It would also help if you could open the page, press F12 → Network tab, click Save, and share the failing request's status code and response.

If you'd like us to check directly, please share a temporary Super User login in the Hidden Content field below.

Best regards,

0
KE Comm
KE Comm
Accepted Answer
3 weeks ago #233375

Thank you! it was the host's WAF

0
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 weeks ago #233411

You are always welcome:)

Have a nice day!

0