Easystore Questions - Question | JoomShaper

is live, now with multi-currency selling.

Easystore Questions

A

artisanet

EasyStore 3 days ago

Subject: Questions about EasyStore features and setup before purchase Hello, Before purchasing EasyStore, I am currently testing it with the Selixo QuickStart using the French version.

  1. My most important question (to improve user experience and customer loyalty): Do you have a module or plugin that replaces the standard Joomla registration and allows users to complete their registration with the following fields: • First name • Last name • Address line 1 • Address line 2 • Postal code / ZIP • City • Phone number This way, the shipping address would be automatically filled in on the checkout page after the user logs in.
  2. Client Account Menu: In the paid version, is the customer account menu more comprehensive? Specifically, does it include a "My Orders" tab?
  3. Address Form & Customization: • 3.1 I cannot seem to configure the shipping address form correctly. I am unable to select France. Is this restriction due to using the free version? • 3.2 I would like to add a "First name" field right next to (before or after) the "Last name" field. How can I achieve this?
  4. Filters and Categories: How and where can I configure the filters? For instance, how do I display subcategories in the filtering options? PS: The "Buy It Now" button is currently not working; it redirects to an empty cart page.

thank you

0
4 Answers
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 days ago #234635

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your questions. I will try to answer based on my experience with EasyStore.

  1. Custom registration fields / customer profile

EasyStore uses the Joomla user registration system by default. If you need additional fields like first name, last name, address, ZIP code, city, and phone number during registration, you can use a Joomla user profile extension or custom registration solution to extend the registration form. Once the customer information is saved in their profile, EasyStore can use the customer details during checkout (depending on the configured checkout settings).

  1. Customer Account Menu / My Orders

Yes, the paid version provides more complete customer account features. The customer dashboard includes order-related information, including order history ("My Orders"), depending on the menu configuration.

  1. Shipping Address & Form Customization

    • The country selection should not normally be limited because of the free version. Please check your EasyStore configuration:
      • EasyStore → Configuration → Countries/Regions
      • Make sure France is enabled and available for shipping.
    • For adding the First Name field next to Last Name, this may require checkout field customization. You can check the EasyStore checkout field settings, or override the template if you need a specific layout.
  2. Filters and Categories Filters are usually configured through product attributes/options and category settings. For showing subcategories in filters, make sure your category structure is correctly created and assigned to products. Depending on the filter module being used, additional configuration may be required. Regarding the "Buy It Now" button redirecting to an empty cart, please check:

  • Product has a valid price
  • Product is published and available for purchase
  • Cart/session settings are working correctly
  • No caching issue from Joomla or the template

If possible, please share your EasyStore version, Joomla version, and a screenshot of the checkout/filter configuration. It will help identify the exact cause.

Thanks.

0
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 day ago #234771

Hi,

Is this helped?

0
A
artisanet
Accepted Answer
1 day ago #234775

Hello, Thank you for your help. Yes, it helped a little, but I have just made a major mistake. I upgraded Joomla to version 6.1.4 and I also wanted to upgrade EasyStore. Since the automatic update was not working (version 1.8.1 on SelexoQuickStart), I manually installed version 3.0.1 downloaded from your website. As a result, I lost everything—both my configuration and my products. I am going to try to restore a backup from my hosting provider. Regarding my previous questions, here are my initial thoughts:

  1. Custom registration fields / customer profile Would the RSJoomla registration plugin (RSForm!Pro Registration plugin) work for this?
  2. Shipping Address & Form Customization / Adding the First Name field next to Last Name Where exactly can I find the EasyStore checkout field settings? I will get back to you at the beginning of next week. Thank you.
0
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 day ago #234782

Hello,

  1. RSForm!Pro Registration Plugin:
    RSForm!Pro can be used to create a custom Joomla registration form and collect additional information such as First Name, Last Name, Address, ZIP Code, City, and Phone Number.

However, please note that EasyStore does not currently provide a direct integration that automatically maps RSForm!Pro custom fields to the EasyStore shipping address. So while RSForm!Pro can replace/extend the Joomla registration form, automatic checkout population from those custom fields may require additional customization.

  1. EasyStore Checkout Settings:
    You can find the available checkout field settings here:

Joomla Administrator → Components → EasyStore → Settings → Checkout

From there, you can configure fields such as Address Line 2, Phone Number, Company Name, and VAT ID as Don’t Include, Optional, or Required.

Regarding adding a separate First Name field next to the existing Name/Last Name field, EasyStore currently does not provide an option to add new custom checkout fields or freely change the checkout field structure/order from the settings. This would require customization.

Please note that customization fall outside our standard support policy, so any additional field customization would need to be implemented on your end.

Thank you.

0