Helix Ultimate CSS/browser cache issue after Joomla 3 to Joomla 6 upgrade - Forum | JoomShaper
Staff replied Helix Framework Joomla 6 v2.2.10

Helix Ultimate CSS/browser cache issue after Joomla 3 to Joomla 6 upgrade

Asked by copycat 1 hour ago Last activity 1 hour ago

I upgraded my website from Joomla 3 with an older Helix Ultimate version to Joomla 6 with Helix Ultimate 2.2.10. After the upgrade, some visitors’ browsers continue to show the old styling: the top bar, footer, logo positioning and menu do not appear correctly. On mobile, the off-canvas menu may also fail to work.

The issue is resolved when I open the site in a private session or perform a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5). This suggests that the browser is using a cached CSS file. I would like to avoid asking visitors to clear their browser history or site data.

Could you please advise:

Is there a supported fix in the current Helix Ultimate version that automatically changes the asset URL or version when generated CSS/JS files change?

Does enabling “Compress CSS Files” or “Compress JavaScript Files” provide reliable cache-busting, or can the generated bundle keep the same URL?

If there is no built-in fix, what workaround do you recommend for Joomla 6 and Helix Ultimate?

1 reply

Paul Frankowski Senior Staff

Hi,

I haven't seen your site, so I am trying to guess...
Yes, you can disable CSS and JS compression in Helix Options and use JCH Optimizer (extension) instead. It will give you even more speed settings, etc.

Log in to reply.