How do I Change Helix 3 Template To Helix Ultimate Template - Question | JoomShaper

How do I Change Helix 3 Template To Helix Ultimate Template

MR

Murugappan Ramanathan

Template 2 years ago

Hi,

I find that many of the good templates are mostly in Helix 3 template. I want to use one of them but i want to the template to Helix Ultimate. Please advise how i can do that?

14 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #27024

Hello Murugappan Ramanathan

Sorry, this conversion is not possible. These two frameworks are different in structure. You have to choose one between these.

Best regards

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #27028

Hi,

Thanks for your query. Sorry there is no default feature like that to upgrade from helix3 template to helix ultimate.

You can get the details information from this link

https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/helixultimate#basic-info

-Best Regards

Anne
Anne
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #27034

Hello there,

Thanks for contacting with us. You can't convert from helix3 to Helix ultimate. If you want to use helix ultimate based template then you have to make a fresh installation of that template and do it from the scratch.

-Regards

MR
Murugappan Ramanathan
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #27050

It ok. I understand. Now that raises other question. Can i export the pages from Helix3 and then import into helix ultimate?

If your answer is yes, then it is good.

If you answer is no, then:

1. I am even more sorry than before because you have not redone the templates in Helix Ultimate.
  2. So why develop helix ultimate 2.0 and make these helix 3 templates useless?
  3. Will the templates under helix Ultimate V1 work with V2 or will it the same fate as helix 3?
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #27052

Yes, you can export and import SP Page Builder pages from Helix3 to Helix Ultimate and vice versa.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #27061

It ok. I understand. Now that raises other question. Can i export the pages from Helix3 and then import into helix ultimate?

Additionally, you need to export / import a folder with images while saving the same paths.

Therefore, the best way to move is to create a backup of your site and expand on subdomain. OFF Helix 3 plugin, install Helix Ultimate and assign it by default. Make the necessary edits and template settings. Then remove the Helix3 template and Helix 3 plugin and return your site to the main domain. It's easier than it looks, and requires less time than the export import SP PB pages.

MR
Murugappan Ramanathan
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #27080

Hi Pavel and Ofi,

Will try the solution. Thank you.

GC
Gene Crawford
Accepted Answer
8 months ago #124167

Ok, I understand you can't convert from Helix 3 to Helix Ultimate. However, can I install Ultimate on my Helix 3 site and update my pages in the background, while running Helix 3 in the foreground. Ultimately, I'm asking if they can run on the same system side by side, but separate.

Thanks,

Gene Crawford

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 8 months ago #124222

Hello Gene Crawford

Yes, you can run both templates in one site. For example, one page running on Helix3 and the other page running on Helix Ultimate.

Best regards

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
8 months ago #124230

Hi Ofi. I apologize, but you provide erroneous information. Helix Ultimate and Helix 3 should not be on the same site, since their plugins conflict in backend

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
8 months ago #124231

Hi Gene. Create copy of your site, install it on subdomain. Install Helix Ultimate, set it as default template. Delete Helix 3 and Helix 3 Plugin. Only after that you can work with Helix Ultimate. After finishing development, transfer the site to the main domain.

Actually, I described this above and in my opinion it is quite clear.

GC
Gene Crawford
Accepted Answer
8 months ago #124358

Now I have a dilemma.

I prefer Ofi's answer because the website in question is a very busy membership site. So, creating a development site would complicate matters because I'd have to resync the database post adding Helix3, which is a whole other process.

However, whatever I do has to be right and I have no reason to believe that Pavel isn't correct on this either. My dilemma is that Ofi has the title of 'support agent' which implies he's connected to Joomshaper so he should know this answer.

Can I get the final word on this? From Ofi or Pavel?

Thanks for your patience.

Gene

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 8 months ago #124759

Gene,

In terms of knowledge, I would prefer Pavel. He is really good and knowledgable guy. I have no idea about the plugin conflict since I have not faced it. Maybe, the two templates should not run on the same site but it could be. You can try it.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
8 months ago #124491

Hi Gene. I have already said my final word twice in this topic :). Other members of the JoomShaper team have many times agreed with my opinion on this issue. On the forum there are many topics reported about problems when both templates are installed on the site.

And one more point - the members of the support team are sometimes mistaken, since they are not practicing webmasters.

I have been using Helix 3 and Helix Ultimate for 7 years in practice. Therefore, I know things that even developers may not know :D

Nevertheless, I admit that in the latest updates of templates these conflicts could be eliminated. But this was not mentioned in changelogs. Therefore, to check, in any case, you should to use the development site.