Soundcloud Not Playing Any Content - Question | JoomShaper

Soundcloud Not Playing Any Content

JS

Jans Speulman

Extension 2 years ago

It looks like something has changed at soundcloud. This is giving problems for the soundcloud player extension and also for the pagebuilder-addon.

1. The soundcloud player extension cannot play any content. The same fault is also on the demo page of your website. see here: http://demo.joomshaper.com/extensions/others/column1/sp-soundcloud-player
  2. In SP-builder the soundcloud addon cannot embed the content. The embed -text-code to copy on the soundcloud website is different than the embed-text in the addon example. In the addon example it goes from i frame to iframe. However the embed-code on the soundcloud website is much longer. After copying that embed-code to the soundcloud-addon it return some text with a link to my content at the soundcloud website, but no option to play the content.

Please advise

14 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #28072

Hello Jans Speulman

This extension is depriciated. Please use SP Page Builder Soundcloud addon.

Best regards

JS
Jans Speulman
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #28076

Please read my question again. There is also a problem with the SP Page Builder Soundcloud addon. The embedded text to copy from the Soundcloud webite is different and much longer than the example text in the addon. Please hidden content for the embedded text that Soundcloud returns.

When i copy-pate the text that goes from <iframe. ....to </iframe>
Nothing is shown on my website. If I copy all text (see the hidden-content) it return some text that links to the Soundcloud website.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #28088

Please share the soundclound link (not embed link) that you want to add in your site. I will check it.

JS
Jans Speulman
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #28089
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #28092

Thanks for the link. It works well on my localhost.

Screenshot at Aug 16 17-18-45.png

Screenshot at Aug 16 17-19-32.png

JS
Jans Speulman
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #28109

Very sorry to say so, but it's not working at my frontend. When I copy/paste the embedded code, after that on the frontpage I have only one line of text, that is linking to my Soundcloud file. Please see for yourself at www.duotickledpink.com. Scroll down to the middel of the page and see there is only a link. The player itself is not shown.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #28168

Please share your administrator access here to check the issue. Use the Hidden Content box to share the credentials.

JS
Jans Speulman
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #28189

Thank you. You can close this issue. I've solved the problem.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #28202

You are welcome. Glad to know this. Please accept the answer that helped you. It will be then easier to find the solution for the other users with the same issue. There is a button to accept answer after each comment.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #28203

I have a humble request. It would be very kind of you if you can manage some moment to give us feedback here:

1. JED
  2. Trustpilot
MB
M J Barnes
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #28256

Good afternoon, I am having the same isssue! How was this resolved?

Souldcloud links not even workign on the demo site either?

Thanks

JS
Jans Speulman
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #28258

I was advised to use SP Page Builder Soundcloud addon. This soundcloud extension is depriciated.

I decided to walk away from Soundcloud and to stream music directly from my own wbspace with a different mp3 player.

MB
M J Barnes
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #28296

What a shame the add on doesnt work. Joomshaper should really update the template or take it down.

Thanks for the advice. Apprecicated

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #28345

Hello M J Barnes

Please post a new question on this topic. We will check your issue and assist you.

Best regards