Ongoing Lack Of Plugin Support - Question | JoomShaper

Ongoing Lack Of Plugin Support

CE

Chris Elliott

SP Page Builder 2 years ago

For many months now I, along with a number of other users, have complained about the lack of plug-in support within the SPPB component. The simple addition of the "content.prepare" function has been mentioned many times and Joomshaper have responded with "this is in our development plan", or "we hope to see this in version 4.0" but nothing has happened.

Your team regularly instruct us to use a custom module with " Prepare Content" and this was a functional workaround but this simply doesn't work any more!

Having upgraded to Joomla! 3.10.1, and to in the Helix Framework 2.0.4 over the weekend shows that if I have a known module within a Modiule Addon on a page, it will show the add-on title, and, if switched on, it will show the module title, so clearly it knows that the module exists. Howevere, it doesn't matter what I put in the module, (from simple text or more advanced content), absolutely nothing is displayed from the body of the custom module!!!

I will give you login details below in the hidden content section so that you can visit my draft website and I will provide instructions as to the current state of affairs.

About two years ago, I moved away from QUIX for a number of reasons but, the way that you guys are supporting us on this very simple yet extremely important topic is making me wonder if I made the right decision.

So, ultimately as of last week, custom modules worked, now they don't!

This is most urgent. Please help us to get this sorted quickly?

Chris

17 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #32743

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. I have read your query details. Here is your query answer.

we hope to see this in version 4.0" but nothing has happened.

Page builder 4.0 not released yet

Your team regularly instruct us to use a custom module with " Prepare Content" and this was a functional workaround but this simply doesn't work any more!

What exactly do you want put in your module

Having upgraded to Joomla! 3.10.1, and to in the Helix Framework 2.0.4 over the weekend shows that if I have a known module within a Modiule Addon on a page, it will show the add-on title, and, if switched on, it will show the module title, so clearly it knows that the module exists. Howevere, it doesn't matter what I put in the module, (from simple text or more advanced content), absolutely nothing is displayed from the body of the custom module!!!

Try to check this issue. But, administrator login access does not work.

-Thanks

CE
Chris Elliott
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32754

Typo on my side. Password will work now. Thx.

With respect to what I want to put in the module please see the video I provided in the hidden content.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #32766

Got it your issue. I will share this issue to our developer team. I hope they will fix it next update. Also, we are working for the next update. Thanks

B
blue_Shift
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32770

The lack of content prepare gave me fits this last weekend - I wound up recreating an SPPB construction out of core content, modules, loadposition, and a few hundred lines of css. A couple days spent purely because there is no prepare content so javascript-related items nested in the module would fire.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #32775

Please create here same issue. I will give you solution as soon as possible. Thanks

B
blue_Shift
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32778

I've kitted up my own solution which is working ok so a solution is not needed now, but honoring modules that have 'prepare content' enabled would be a very desirable capability to make Joomla's best page builder even better. I was able to borrow quite a bit of css from the pagebuilder theme I liked.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #32780

If you give us time to fix this issue. It will be better for all of you guys. Just create the same issue in my domain. I will give you feedback as soon as possible. Thanks

CE
Chris Elliott
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32784

Hi Toufiq.

http://toufiq.net/lms/en/

Hope this helps.

Chris

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #32788
CE
Chris Elliott
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32791

Now Disabled

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #32890

Module is displayed fine

CE
Chris Elliott
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32896

hi Toufiq.

When you say 'Module is displayed fine', is this on your demo site? I'm guessing so?

chris

B
blue_Shift
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32899

(this is just to expand on the issue that made me find another way)

My module appeared fine. But none of the triggers contained in the module would fire when clicked - they weren't even links, just static type and shortcode rendered as text. My expectation is that a module with 'prepare content' checked should work, though this is a case where at present SPPB inhibits core functionality.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #32904

Mainly you want to put a shortcode inside the custom module. This is the principle of your post. But, at this moment I can't ensure you the shortcode will be supported with the current page builder. But, I can forward your feature request for Page Builder 4. Besides, I will contact our developer team tomorrow about your issue. In the meantime, I need your help. Create a screencast video a to z. I mean full scenario. I hope this video will help us to solve the issue. Thanks

B
blue_Shift
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32905

Thanks Toufiq. It is a custom module - and I fully appreciate the technical challenges of making a full featured world class page builder. I'll create a documentary screencast for you tomorrow as it's end of day here.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32939

Hi @blue_Shift . If I can intervene. Standard Joomla Shortcode for me never worked at Page Builder. Try Module Anywhere instead. Besides, @Paul Frankowski, not so long ago, created Custom Shortcod Addon (It works with Module Anywhere). I think if you ask, you will be given it.

Or you can independently create an add-on based on an existing, replacing only one line code in site.php (Raw Html Addon)

B
blue_Shift
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #33015

Interesting, Pavel.