SP LMS Functions - Question | JoomShaper

SP LMS Functions

B

Bob

Extension 2 years ago

Hello I just purchased SP LMS today and have been busy setting up courses and lessons today. I am now trying to figure out how I redirect a website user to their course content progress so they can see what lessons they have completed and which they still have to complete to finish. I am also trying to find in the backend admin areas the way to manage and see each student and their progress too. I must be missing something obvious sorry but where do I now manage the courses, the lessons, the students to see all the progress being made or not? I currently use OS Campus from Joomlashack and was hoping to get something a bit more modern and a bit more indepth. But I can't find out where to track progress of my students or how the students can see their own personal progress of the lessons they have completed and those they haven't yet

I am really confused sorry.

How do I see if anyone has done any lessons sorry?

Am I able to see that if 10 lessons are to be completed to pass the course, that 10 of my students have complted all 10 but others have only completed say 2 lessons and others have done 5?

Also where do I find out what answers to any quizzes 1 student gave and if they passed and if they failed can they see the questions the got right and those they didn't?

Sorry for all the questions but I don't fully understand what LMS does after creating pages of embedded videos or text content.

I'm trying to move on to the management of my students and my courses next

Thank you and sorry for the questions already

If anyone can help me understand how to get stats and data of progress of my students that would be great

Bob

7 Answers
B
Bob
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32625

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #32630

Hello Bob,

Please go through the documentation here first.

Let us know what are the rests of the things you want to know then.

Thanks!

B
Bob
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #32635

Thanks Muntasir I have spent all afternoon going through that link you gave me before i commented. I worked through installation and setting up my course and my lessons. All went great to the point where I am happy with my course and my lesson So my next step is getting someone on a course and going through the lessons. I can see that as a test user account and can watch videos and do quizzes So now I want the student to be able to login at any time and see pages that show them the courses they have signed up to and also them see the progress they are making. How do they see that they have say completed lessons 1,2 and 3, completed 50% of lesson 4 and still have to complete lessons 5,6 and 7? How do they try a quiz again if they fail? Can they see the questions they answered correctly and which they didn't by logging back in to my website?

Then as the admin, where do I go to see each students progress? So I can see who has completed the course in full, who hasn't even started it, who has completed some? Which students answered what quiz question in what quiz? Allow retries of the quiz. How do I do the management and administration of my courses, lessons and students now?

Thanks Bob

B
Bob
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #101875

Ok So I'm back

Any updates to the questions I put in?

As an LMS, how do I as the teacher or admin for the website see how a student is progressing?

How does a student let me know of their progress etc?

How can I see what answers are given by a student to their quizzes?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #101878

Hello Bob

Sorry, the first two are not possible. You can see the quiz answers in Components -> SP LMS -> Quiz Result

administrator/index.php?option=com_splms&view=quizresults

Best regards

B
Bob
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #101879

Thanks for coming back to me Ofi

I notcie that every single person with a Joomla User Account is now showing as a Student

But I haven't made any courses yet. Not all my Joomla Users will want to do my courses

How do i see only those people who have signed up for courses?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #101894

You are welcome 😊

All registered users are counted as Student. If you want to distinguish other users (for example: teachers), then create or use another user group for them.

Generally, in a LMS site, the users are mostly students. This was the idea while making the component.