404 And 301 Redirect Not Working - Question | JoomShaper

404 And 301 Redirect Not Working

PV

Peter Verstraten

Helix Framework 2 years ago

Hi there,

Last week I installed Joomla 4.0.3 with Helix Ultimate 2.0.5 and SP Page Builder 3.7.15. I don't use any special template. I activated the system redirect plugin in Joomla and enabled the Search engine friendly url and use url rewrite. Now whenever someone enters a page that doesn't exist they won't get an 404 page but instead go to the homepage. How can I change that? Also because of that, the 301 redirects on my website are not working anymore since they get auto-redirected to my homepage. I haven't change my .htaccess or anything.

[EDIT] I noticed that a clean installation is working fine. So 4.0.3 with the mentioned template/plugins.

As soon as I create a first page in SP Page Builder and make that the default menu item the 404 is not working anymore and the 301 redirects are not working anymore.

It looks like the bug fix 3.7.15 only solved part of the 301 issues and create a new one.

[/EDIT]

Detailed info about website etc. is visible to support only.

Hope someone can help me with this.

34 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #39520

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. Are you sure this issue happens for the Template? If yes, Please change the template and let me know if your problem solved or not.

-Thanks

H
H.C.
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #40554

Toufiq! For my same problem! and it was very outrageous because it was similar many years ago! so be so kind as to come up with an IMMEDIATE firefighting solution that we can all solve this temporarily!

I am changed Home page from Pagebuilder page to Article and after work 404 error if call invalid alias / url...

ThX+!

H
H.C.
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #40568

Toufiq Yes bug in pagebuilder... LAST good working 404 error from root invalid url: domain.com/invalidaliascall AND this version working perfect 301 Redirect system....

com_sppagebuilder_pro_v3.7.9.zip

BUG in:

/components/com_sppagebuilder/controller.php
AND
/components/com_sppagebuilder/router.php

I am change this 2 file and working all 404 error page and Joomla4 Redirect system!!

IF any user need i share original ONLY 2 file... contorller and router...

Coldcut
Coldcut
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #40588

@markmark I think there is only a problem with the router.php The controller.php is good (tested with J4.0.4 and SPPB 3.8)

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #40638

@markmark I have shared this post with our developer team. I hope they will check & bring solution. Thanks

H
H.C.
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #40686

Thanks Toufiq friend :) Now i am change only router.php and working all redirect and 404 Only frontend editor not work.. but for my like only backend edit... :)

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #40689

Can you share which line of code did you change?

H
H.C.
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #40692

i will not hike in router.php :D i insert in zip 3.7.9 version from totall commander and upload directley owerwrite :D (first time ruter and controller after say 1 member in this frum ... bug only in ruter... and i restore controller.php from 3.8 zip... ) :)

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #40706

Got it. Thanks

K
Kventin32
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #49260

@markmark Happy 2022! Same problem with 30. Please share com_sppagebuilder_pro_v3.7.9.zip

/components/com_sppagebuilder/controller.php AND /components/com_sppagebuilder/router.php

J
Janis
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #50449

Hey all,

Same issue here. Joomla redirect manager not working properly. It's redirecting all broken URLs to the homepage, new manually inserted redirects are not working.

I'm using:

• Joomla 4.0.5
  • SP Page Builder Pro 3.8.2
  • Helix Ultimate 2.0.5. template

Can anyone share which lines I have to change in what file?

Would be of great help. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I uploaded 3.7.26's /components/com_sppagebuilder/router.php - kept all other 3.8.2 files - and redirects seem to be working for now. However, now the front end editor is broken... Please fix this in the next update. Thanks! :-)

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #50482

Redirect issue 404 in home page almost solved. Now we are testing our end. Hopefully it will release as soon as possible. Please keep on your eyes in our blog post. Thanks

H
H.C.
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #50500

Hi Toufiq, but Joomla Redirect system in 4x joomla..... ?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #50502

Hi Toufiq, but Joomla Redirect system in 4x joomla..... ?

Will you please explain?

H
H.C.
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #50580

after version com_sppagebuilder_pro_v3.7.9.zip all sppb is trash in joomla 4x !!! in jooomla 3 is ok... (but joomla 3 is end..) Trash because for site 404 missing is death in Google positions... and if resolved 50-100 or 200 redirect 301 statuscoede in Joomla sys redir. from 1 day to another lost same death for site.. (in Google) death and ban! Bye all good positions... and WHY? because pagebuilder update kill sites... (not a little annoying) and i need no update because in 3.7.9 is good working BUT i paye anualy licence BUT no possible update..

AND before 3-4 mount no one moves the ear stick so that in joomla 4 these 2 things are fixed

it's like telling the wall here it's okay ... nobody cares

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #50628

Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue? In the meantime, Please attach a screencast video of the full scenario. Thanks

H
H.C.
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #50645

only problem is: not possible add acces in production mode site.. min. 30-50 form submission/day not possible to work sharply.. So for this need pack and move site to another server and run in subdomain (but 100% exact problem apper..)

BUT only if I get information on where the bug was fixed! Then I guarantee you 100% of this environment!

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #50651

If I share my site for testing purposes can you produce the issue?

H
H.C.
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #50694

no u not tray understanding my post! I am create backup from joomla 4 latest version site and run in my another server AND after share for you all login data and subdomain..

BUT please after comunicate why and what need modification .... because i not accept alweys share all another site for you reparation proced... Because aprox 30 site need upgrade to joomla 4

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #50705

BUT please after comunicate why and what need modification .... because i not accept alweys share all another site for you reparation proced... Because aprox 30 site need upgrade to joomla 4

That's why i said you can i share my website URL to produce the issue?

H
H.C.
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #50730

ok please a few days but how to PM send login data whitout can view another developer licence user?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #50813

Please share your access via hidden content area. Thanks

https://prnt.sc/26azhah

J
Janis
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #51622

Just upgraded to SP Page Builder PRO 3.8.3. Redirects still not working.

I now have to - again - overwrite /components/com_sppagebuilder/router.php with the version from SP Page Builder PRO 3.7.26 to make the redirects work again.

It's the same issue on all of my websites with Joomla 4 / SP Page Builder PRO 3.8+, regardless of hosting platform. So you have to be able test this on your own test server.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #51633

Please produce the issue on my site

J
Janis
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #51651

Just discovered that the front-end editor does work in 3.8.3 when I replace router.php with the one from 3.7.26. So that's at least some improvement.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #51660

If you produce the issue on my site then i will forward to our developer team. Thanks

J
Janis
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #51668

What do you mean with produce the issue on your site? This is your website (message board) and I've already explained the issue. ;-) Just pick a random Joomla 4 / SP Page Builder 3.8.3 installation and check functionality of the redirect component. It's not related to a specific website, it's a general bug.

H
H.C.
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #51672

Janis! You tested this? Because i am sincerley no tested install simple joonla 4 and sppb! I've been sick a lot lately. For my apper problem in upgraded website... in november 8... but in 10 was the delivery deadline 😄 then I was born there right away 😄

now i will check it out too with a clean install.

J
Janis
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #51676

I haven't made a clean installation on which I tested it, but it's the case with all the websites I manage for my clients (randomly tested a bunch with different hosting platforms, simple websites and more complex websites) and it occurs on al.

Also: it's solved when I replace it with the router.php file from SP Page Build PRO 3.7.26, so it's not weird to assume it's caused by a 3.8+ update.

I'll make a clean installation too to check.

H
H.C.
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #51706

Yes and the worst part is that i didn't even notice it many don't even believe it! SOT they don't even know how much trouble this is :)

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #51789

I have checked my end and it works.

http://helix-framework.org/

http://helix-framework.org/xyz

H
H.C.
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #54490

Today teste all working PERFECT! Working 404 status in: rootdomain . com / nonexistalias AND rootdomain . com / nonexistalias / second / etc

BUT in
Joomla 4 Redirect system plugin added 301 status redirect fail IF:
/fantasyaliasfirst/fantasyaliassecond say 500 Error and if rxist example /services and add to /services/anotheralias AND this is redirect 301 in system redirect plugin 500 error!

THIS is invalid :)
H
H.C.
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #54497

SORRY Problem in Joomla 4.0.6 system redirect plugin:

That is a bug! Line 243 of plugins/system/redirect/redirect.php:

$db->updateObject('#__redirect_links', $redirect, 'id');

change to:

$this->db->updateObject('#__redirect_links', $redirect, 'id');

and after working perfect all 404 and redirecting..

source: https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=808&t=991317

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #54517

@mrk Thanks