Browser Validation Of Form Field Issue - Question | JoomShaper

Browser Validation Of Form Field Issue

Maurice Molenaar

Maurice Molenaar

Template 2 years ago

Hi!

We use RSForm! Pro on a website with the Newsberg template. We also use RO Payment as the bridge to payment provider. It has an RSForm! Pro plugin.

The Amount field (and the Total field also) is added from RO Payments. It does a browserside validation. This is how the field looks like in HTML:

<input type="number" size="5" name="rsfp_jdideal_inputbox[]" id="jdideal-inputbox-59" value="5" min="5" max="" step="1" data-ropayments="2OoS2yEn">

The browser should validate this field as invalid: if I enter a value lower than 5, or a (higher) value with decimals, it will not submit the form. For some reason there is something on this particular site causing the browser not to validate the field. As a result a number lower than 5 can be submitted, for instance. My quess is that your code somehow prevents the validation.

Of course I checked if browser validation works by default in my browser. I clicked the 'try yourself' button on this W3 Schools page and that works fine.

This is the link to the form

Can you please take a look?

8 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #39340

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Please make sure that your extension is compatible with bootstrap 5 and did you check this issue on Joomla Protostar Template? Does it works with the Joomla Protostar Template?

-Thanks

Maurice Molenaar
Maurice Molenaar
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #39348

Hi Toufiq,

It also does not work with Protostar template. I just tested.

We use RSForm! Pro - this is Bootstrap 5-ready.

Could it be related to the framework maybe?

I added credentials with you so you can take a look.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #39415

htaccess password does not work. Thanks

Maurice Molenaar
Maurice Molenaar
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #39741

Please check again the username and password in the hidden content box.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #39788

Sorry mate. It does not work. Thanks

Maurice Molenaar
Maurice Molenaar
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #39796

This is bizar. I just followed the steps I have given you and I can pass the htaccess and login on the site.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #39842

Please watch the video

Maurice Molenaar
Maurice Molenaar
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #39847

Hmm... I see your point. I re-applied the (same) given user / password to the /administrator folder, just to make sure.

Please try again?