SP Form Builder IPhone Validation Issue - Question | JoomShaper

SP Form Builder IPhone Validation Issue

OG

OASE Software GmbH

SP Page Builder 2 years ago

Hi Page Builder Team,

I created a Enquiry form with the Form Builder addon. You can see the form here: https://kindercamping.net4you.net/en/kontakt-service/enquiry-reservation

When i open this page with an iPhone the validation of the required fields does not work. For example if you call this page - with an Iphone - and scroll down to the "Send your request" button and hit the button nothing happens. There is no error message to let you know, that you have to fill out the mandatory fields.

If you do this with an browser like Chrome or Firefox or Edge, or even with an Android device the system will show you, that you have at least to pick one of the 3 choices from the radio buttons. That is how it is meant to react on iPhones also.

Can you please have a look at this. With kind regards René Glanzer

17 Answers
Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #18708

Hello

Thank you for your query.

Kindly allow me some time, i will check the issue from my end and get back to you.

OG
OASE Software GmbH
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #18796

Hi Ariba,

OK I'm looking forward hearing from you.

Thanks in advance. René Glanzer

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #19343

Hello

Thank you for your cooperation. Our Senior agent is looking into the issue and he will get back to you soon, kindly allow us some time, we appreciate your patience.

OG
OASE Software GmbH
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #20893

Hello Ariba,

did your senior agent take a look at this issue? It is now over 2 weeks since we openend this post.

With kind regards René Glanzer

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #20942

Hello

Sincere apologies for the unwanted delay and thank you for your patience and reminder.

Unfortunately, some HTML5 Form validation does not work on iPhone and iPad. Kindly check the link provided below, you will be able to find which HTML features are supported by different platforms, it will help you: https://caniuse.com/?search=required

Also, there is a workaround you can apply in your Custom Code section. After adding the code, i checked from iPhone, everything is working alright.

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #20943

Please do let me know if there is any issue.

OG
OASE Software GmbH
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #22142

Hi,

sorry but this is not a valid solution. This is a multilangual site. We are located in Austria and hence speaking German. When I call the site https://kindercamping.net4you.net/kontakt-service/anfrageformular and without any input click on "Anfrage senden" I get a Pop-Up Window in ENGLISH with the text: "Please complete all fields"

And on the iPhone the red error message by the field "Familienname" is shown. But what about the fields "Anreise" and "Abreise" at the very beginning of the form. They are also mandatory fields, but no error message is shown by them.

Please take a closer look to this error functionality. With kind regards René Glanzer

OG
OASE Software GmbH
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #22891

Hi,

any updates on this issue?

OG
OASE Software GmbH
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #25561

Hi,

can you please respond to this question? Any updates on this issue?

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #25562

Hello

Sorry for the delay. Our Developer team is looking into the issue. I will request my team again to give this high priority so that we can get back to you very soon.

Once again, thank you very much for bearing with us and staying so patient.

OG
OASE Software GmbH
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #34864

Hello Ariba,

it is now over a month ago since your last statement regarding this issue. I opened the issua over 3 months ago.

Can you imagine that it is almost time to get a solution?

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #35091

Hello

Thank you for your patience and cooperation, it means a lot. Our Developer team has tested the form builder addon using iPhone with safari browser and everything is alright from our end. Also, the URL that you have kindly provided is not accessible now, could you please check?

OG
OASE Software GmbH
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #35306

Hello Ariba,

yes the "old" link is not available anymore because our customer wanted the new site to go online. Now the new link is: https://kindercamping.at/kontakt-service/anfrageformular

But please tell your developer-team to test the site again. When you enter the site above and let everything empty and hit the "Anfrage senden" button the message which appears is in english. But the URL above is the german version of the site. Further the first field which is marked to be filled out is the field for the sursname (Familienname). But there a fields above this field which a mandatory for example "Anreise" where the system doesn't state a error message.

Please address the issue. With kind regards René Glanzer

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #35920

Hello

Thank you for your response and sharing the link again with us. I have already forwarded it to our Developer team along with conveying your message. They are looking into it. We appreciate your patience very much.

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #41257

Hello

Hope you are doing well. Thank you very much for your patience so far. Can you kindly share the Backup of your website along with the Administration access? Use the hidden mode to share the credentials.

You can kindly check this out for the backup: https://www.joomshaper.com/blog/backup-and-restore-your-joomla-site-with-akeeba-backuphttps://www.joomshaper.com/blog/backup-and-restore-your-joomla-site-with-akeeba-backup

OG
OASE Software GmbH
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #54601

Hello Ariba,

the download for the backup is also stated in the hidden section. Would realy be nice if you could fix this issue.

With kind regards René

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #54602

Hello

Thank you for sharing the backup.

I have forwarded it to our Developer Team and they will look into this issue.