Joomla Module Caching Settings are Ignored When Module is Used In SP Page Builder - Question | JoomShaper

Joomla Module Caching Settings are Ignored When Module is Used In SP Page Builder

O

Objectus

SP Page Builder 2 years ago

Joomla module addon ignores module settings for caching. I have Conservative caching enabled in Joomla, this means I can configure each module I have to either be cached or not. I need to add some modules to SP page builder page that should not be cached. Hover whole SP page builder page is cached due to Joomla settings and this overwrites my module caching, so module is also cached, ignoring my module caching settings. This issue happens for both specific module or module position.

6 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #39707

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. Will you please capture a screencast video of the full scenario? I will share with our developer team.

-Thanks

O
Objectus
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #39821

Can't make a screencast right now, but here are the detailed steps to reproduce the problem:

1. Go to Joomla 3 > Global configuration > System > Set System Cache to On - Conservative caching
  2. Create a module with output that should not be cached, let's say mod_users_latest
  3. When creating a module, go to Advanced > Caching > set to No caching
  4. Now add this module to a new page in SP page builder

You will see that module is cached even though it's set not to be cached. If module is added to page outside of SP page builder, it works properly and is not cached.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #39851

Hi there, Thanks for your explanation. The page builder page works by global settings. Like if you enable caching then if you load any module then your module will be cached. Thanks

O
Objectus
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #39894

Yes, this is correct. However when conservative caching is enabled, each module can be configured separately. This means I can configure particular module not to be cached. This is default Joomla functionality.

Problem is that page builder ignores this module setting when inserting module into a page, making it impossible to use default Joomla functionality with page builder.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #39946

Mainly this feature is not ready for the page builder. Thanks

O
Objectus
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #39974

Are you going to fix this issue in future releases?