Frontend Editor Not Working - Question | JoomShaper

Frontend Editor Not Working

IP

Ian Proffer

SP Page Builder 3 years ago

Hello, whenever I try to use the frontend editor for any of my SP Page Builder pages, it doesn't work - it only loads the header, menu and footer, no actual page content. I have this problem regardless of browser (Firefox, Chrome, Chromium-Edge) and after deleting cache, local and server-side. Any suggestions? Website is: http://acmeware.com . Thanks for your assistance.

Joomla version: 3.9.24 Template: Helix Ultimate SP Page Builder Pro v 3.7.8

23 Answers
IP
Ian Proffer
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #6688

Close...it was this one: /httpdocs/templates/shaper_helixultimate/html/com_sppagebuilder/form/bak_edit.php

So all you did was rename "edit.php" to "bak_edit.php". You didn't actually edit any of the file contents. That was not clear in our communication. Anyway...I've renamed the same file from my live site and now that works too.

Thanks for fixing it, it's unfortunate it took this long and could have been resolved much more quickly. I've noticed that Joomshaper techs want to jump in and fix things, rather than explain the problem and point their customers to possible solutions first. A little education goes a long way.

As the wise man said, if I'm hungry, don't give me a fish...teach me how to fish!

Al Mamun
Al Mamun
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #3309

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvinience. Please share you website login details using "Hidden Content". I will check for you.

Thanks, Mamun

IP
Ian Proffer
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #3453

Hi Mamun, do you want to log in to the Jooma admin back-end, or from the website front-end directly? Please let me know, and I will provide the appropriate credentials.

IP
Ian Proffer
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #3465

Hi Mamun, ok I'd like to have you use our staging website (same specs as our live site) here: http://acmeware.cloudaccess.host/ . Please use the front-end login as I have added the login module to the home page. Credentials are in the Hidden Content section.

Once you are logged in, please try the Home Page or "Downtime Defender" page (under Solutions...Downtime Defender from the menu) to see how the front end editor behaves.

Thank you.

IP
Ian Proffer
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #3822

Hi there, can I have an update on this task please? Thanks. More info to help you along: our site is not using JS compression, nor a CDN, so we can rule those out.

Al Mamun
Al Mamun
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #4046

Hi,

Sorry for the late I am checking now.

Thanks, Mamun

Al Mamun
Al Mamun
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #4047

Hi, I can't enter your website's administrator panel. Can you please check. Here a screenshot.

Thanks, Mamun

IP
Ian Proffer
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #4175

Hi, the admin panel uses a non-default path for security reasons. I've added that URL to the hidden content section.

W
wedesign4me
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #4184

I would like to konow the resolution to this issue.

Al Mamun
Al Mamun
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #4294

Hi,

I am checking but I need some to fix the issue.

Thanks, Mamun

Al Mamun
Al Mamun
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #4297

Hi,

I also need to know that are you using any cache/CDN service like Cloudflare or Your server has default cache engine enabled? If your answer is "yes" then please flush the cache.

Thanks, Mamun

IP
Ian Proffer
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #4352

Hi Mamun,

This site doesn't use a CDN, and there is no server-side cache; all cache settings are set in Joomla. I see you've logged in and flushed the cache there already.

Al Mamun
Al Mamun
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #4465

Hi,

I need your website hosting provider access.

Thanks, Mamun

IP
Ian Proffer
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #4537

Mamun, actually why don't you just tell me what settings to check on my provider? I'm really not comfortable giving you credentials to our provider as well. What are you looking for? At the very least, I would schedule a remote session where you can connect to my desktop while I login, and we look at it together.

-- Ian

Al Mamun
Al Mamun
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #4721

Hi,

I need to check is there any cache plugin active or not. Also need to edit some php files.

Thanks, Mamun

Al Mamun
Al Mamun
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #4741

Hi,

I fixed your issue.

Thanks, Mamun

IP
Ian Proffer
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #4821

Hi Mamun, that's great, I see it's working now. Can you please tell me what exactly you did? I need to now replicate your steps against our live website, which has the same issue. I would prefer to do the work myself, so please provide details as to the corrective action.

Other users on this forum would probably like to know what you did, in case they have the same issue.

Thanks.

IP
Ian Proffer
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #4964

Mamun, can you please see my last post: please document the steps you performed to correct the issue, so I can repeat them on my other site, and others reading this forum can benefit as well. Thanks.

IP
Ian Proffer
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #5156

Hi Mamun, pinging you again, can your please reply to the last post, so I can resolve this issue and close this support thread? Thank you.

IP
Ian Proffer
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #5712

Listen folks, I need to know how to fix this; can someone please reply to this thread so we can close this out? Thank you.

Al Mamun
Al Mamun
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #6148

Hi Ian,

I don't know you are developer or not. I also don't know you will understand or not. By the way, your developer or you override edit.php file so that file not updating with new version. So I updated that file and the issue was resolved.

Thanks, Mamun

IP
Ian Proffer
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #6284

Hi Mamun,

Yes I am a developer. Never assume your customers won't understand the information they are asking you to provide. Now, please tell me:

1. The path (directory) and exact filename you changed;
  2. What exactly in the file you edited, line for line. COPY AND PASTE IT HERE, how about that?

As I have explained now, many times, I need to fix the LIVE site, the one we really care about, and this thread is now two weeks old.

Al Mamun
Al Mamun
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #6562

Hi Ian,

Glad to know that you understand the information what you asked. Sorry for the misunderstanding of mine. Here is the information what I changed.

website_root/templates/shaper_helixultimate/sppagebuilder/views/form/tmpl/edit.php

Which file I renamed to "_edit.php" or "bak_edit.php"

Hope you understood.

Thanks, Mamun