Anchor Link + Sticky Header + Smooth Scroll - Question | JoomShaper

Anchor Link + Sticky Header + Smooth Scroll

N

Nathalie

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

Dear support team!

I am creating a website with Joomla 4 with the SP Page Builder and the free Helix Ultimate template.

On the product pages, I have at first a picture gallery and every picture links to a section below the gallery. Every section has an anchor.

I use the sticky header menu and created a class ".ankerlink-top" with a "scroll-margin-top: 200px;" which I added to every anchor section (see the 1st hidden link).

However, it doesn't work. I also tried scroll-padding-top instead, but that also didn't work. When I click on one of the pictures, it scrolls to the section but the class will be ignored and so the image next to the text or the headline is behind the sticky header. I think something went wrong with the SP Page Builder because I created a menu item "Test" and a test article - also with an image that links to an anchor headline and there it works (see the 2nd hidden link).

And I have another problem – my customer doesn't like the smooth scroll, but I can't find the code where I can switch it off. At first, I thought the problem was the free Helix Ulitmate template and so I bought your templates package. I tried the Shaper Wayne template, because my customer uses it on another website, which was created by another agency.

However, the smooth scroll and the problem with the sticky header didn't disappear. So I changed it back to the free Helix Ultimate template.

I hope you can help me with both of these problems.

3 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #68958

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry, right now this feature/functionality is not available. You need to increase padding of your section.

-Thanks

N
Nathalie
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #68964

Thanks for your answer.

Can you help me with the second part of my question – about the smooth scrolling? Where can I find the code to switch the smooth scrolling off?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #68970

By default, the helix doesn't & page builder have smooth scrolling. Maybe you have added any script. Thanks