Helix3 Page Title/Header - Change To H1 Tag - Question | JoomShaper

Helix3 Page Title/Header - Change To H1 Tag

GB

Geraint Brown

Helix Framework 1 year ago

Hi guys,

Surely, when configuring a menu item using Helix3 Page Title options, the title tag should be switchable between a H1 & H2 tag, just as it is in the Joomla menu options? I mean, it's good practice for title tags to be hierarchical, and essentially, every page should begin with a H1.

Currently, it is always set to a H2 tag.

Please could you update this to either default to a H1 tag, or be switchable?

Many thanks,

Gez

6 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #74057

Hello Geraint Brown

You can change the tags here: templates/shaper_helix3/features/title.php on line 60.

But with the template or helix3 plugin update, it will be changed again.

Generally, there should be one H1 tag per page. User have the authority to set the H1 tag for each page. This is why we do not force H1 tags in the Template Options.

Best regards

GB
Geraint Brown
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #74060

Hi Ofi,

Thanks for the hint at the file/line. Is it possible to override this in a way that won't get overwritten on upgrade, such as a template/layout override?

Thanks,

Gez

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #74063

Unfortunately, no way to override this. You have to keep this file separately. After each update, it will be changed.

I
Ilor
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109084

In the file /templates/shaper_educon/features I change this line but I get a 500 server error. What's worse after restoring h2 I still get the same error. Site management (/administrator) still works. Help what to do?

I
Ilor
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109105

I recovered the entire directory from the backup and it started. However, I still don't know how to change h2 to h1

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #111081

Hello Ilor

Please post a new question regarding your issue. We will check and help you.

Best regards