SPPB 4.0.3 NOT WORKING - Question | JoomShaper

SPPB 4.0.3 NOT WORKING

N

Nilo

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

Hello team!!!

I have a problem since yesterday... I updated SPPB like 1 week or more ago, my version is 4.0.3 and it was working well. From nowhere, yesterday, as always I land into my Joomla 4 page and it is not working, I can't edit any of the pages and also wanted to edit few modules created with SPPB too and can't do it. It says "Edit with SPPB", I click and it opens the website but no edition columns and buttons are appearing..... Could someone help???

Thank you very much!!! I attach my site credentials so you can check it... Thank you

24 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #79821

Hi Nilo,

4SEF component makes that problem. When it's disabled SPPB Pro works. Uninstall by now, and talk with their support.

Also that's why they warned you with text "For testing only - Use on live sites at own risk."

foto_8717_2022.png

N
Nilo
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #79826

Hello, ouch. Just got 4SEF and 4SEO to import all the SEO and links data from a Joomla 3 using sh404sef... And now imported that to my Joomla 4 installation, so I have all those sef urls..... So disabling it I guess is not the option. Ok so I said that on the Weeblr forum and then let's see what they say... Than you

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #79830

Yes, probably it request some small changes or maybe only different settings... but it's their job. 4SEF changes/redirect links to editor as well that's why it doesn't work anymore. They can test using SPPV 4 Lite on their side.

Let me know after, so I will be able update SPPB Documenation about those tips.

N
Nilo
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #80235

Hello Paul, I have got a reply from Yannick Gaultier from Weeblr and creator of those components... So he basically asks me to post his words for you here, as now looks is not just a problem of 4SEF:

"Hi Paul, Yannick here, from Weeblr. I'm not sure this is coming from 4SEF. Rather, in march 2020 I worked together with Kawshar so that you made some fixes to SPPB, to make it work with sh404SEF. Did you apply the same sort of changes for 4SEF? Please contact me, or have Kawshar contact me for details".

Let me know things when you know please. Thank you very much ;-)

N
Nilo
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #81086

Hello, still waiting a reply, anything that can help? Thank you

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #81089

SPPB 4 is new product, its code was rewritten from scratch, and as I said before with disabled 4SEF all worked well. With SH404sef you could change settings to make it work with SPPB 3.x. - I remember that I even written guide about that.

Yes, I informed the team. But the problem is that we don't have new version of 4SEF software for testing... and even its developer wrote it's testing version, not for production site!

N
Nilo
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #81337

Hi Paul, got replied by Yannick, but you can see it here: https://weeblr.com/helpdesk/sh404sef/8970-problem-4sef-sp-page-builder

Of course, they can contact me any time to have any version of 4SEF they want. If I'm not mistaken, I created a free account for JoomShaper here at weeblr.com, exactly for this reason.

You will tell me... Thank you

N
Nilo
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #82022

Hi Paul, last thing Yannick said was: "Joomshaper needs to work, get 4SEF and see why SPPB is broken and whether it needs the same, or other, changes they made to make it work the last time, with sh404SEF."

So I don't know, you will let me know. My priority is to maintain the SEO in the Joomla 4 installation, so that's why I had to import everything from sh404sef to 4SEF & 4SEO as SH404SEF is not in Joomla 4. So I don't know if you will work to make it work like Joomshaper did with sh404sef or not. Because then I should start looking for a plan, we have thousands of URLs, so I don't know what to do, and managing the sitemap I don't really know good how to do it, so I should also lose an amount of time to see that.

You will let me know. Thank you.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #82065

Shared with CEO, Thanks

N
Nilo
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #82153

Ok thanks Paul. You will let me know if this is gonna take long or not, because we need to finish the website and we're stuck now. So in case it takes long I should follow another plan for the urls and maintaining the SEO or not use SPPB... Let's see. Thank you

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #82221

Ping me tomorrow.

On your site are you are using the last aviabale version of 4SEF ?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #82305

As I checked today, it should be corrected in SPPB v4.0.5 update. It means it will take a little bit longer.

N
Nilo
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #82514

Hello Paul! Yeah my versions of 4SEF and 4SEO are the newest ones! Ok about that, thanks. How long +/- do you think that means. Because depending on that I will wait or I will just look for another way... Thank you

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #82777

Hard to say, few weeks, you could keep/use SPPB 3.x by now, but you decided to use SPPB 4.x with risk.

N
Nilo
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #82814

Hi Paul, but I don't understand, I guess 4SEF 4SEO are NOT working with SPPB 3! SH404SEF is the only one working, but not these new two extensions, which you have to use to replace sh, as that one is not available in Joomla 4. So I guess going back to SPPB 3 is not gonna solve anything.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #82820

SPPB 4 was rewriiten from the scratch.

I don't have 4SEF/4SEO installation package to check. But you have, so do it on test domain.

‏‏‎ ‎J‏‏‎‎e‏‎‏‏‎‎n‏‏‎‎s W.‏‏‎
‏‏‎ ‎J‏‏‎‎e‏‎‏‏‎‎n‏‏‎‎s W.‏‏‎
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #83180

I don't have 4SEF/4SEO installation package to check.#

Yannik and Nilo stated, you have a Account at weeblr and if not, Yannick would be happy to create a account, so you can download and test 4SEF/4SEO.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #83205

Yes, but personally I don't have. My CEO should have account there as you mentioned. I redirected that case to developers already, so my personal role ends here. I cannot touch php code, I hope you understand that. So we both have to wait.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #83330

yes, we have new 4Sef/4Seo and we shared with our dev team.

N
Nilo
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #83619

Hello Jens, thanks for the support! 💪 Okok Paul so I guess now we are in the good way! I think SPPB 4.04 releases today so we have to wait til' 4.05 for these fixes and good working with 4SEF 4SEO, right? Thanks team

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #83626

4.0.5 probably.

N
Nilo
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #85195

Hi again, sorry for my late reply. Okokok thanks. Last thing Yannick said was this: sh404SEF has nothing to do with it. sh404SEF has always been working. There were bugs preventing sh404SEF and SPBP to work together, and these bugs where in SPPB and they had to fix them. Nothing was done in sh404SEF, just Joomshaper fixing the issues they had in SPPB. Now with 4SEF, I am jsut asking they do the same and actively look into it, have a programmer, look into whatever problem there is - as of today, you have not provided even a description of the problem - and fixes it - or tell me what the technical issue is and whether it can only be fixed in 4SEF, which is always possible.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #85211

Yes, as I know our team is working on it. Thanks.

Let's have hope it will be soon improved.

N
Nilo
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #86112

Heyyyy, looks like it's improved! Already tried a bit and looks good! Will do more tonight, thanks! ;-)