Issues Since Upgrading - Question | JoomShaper

Issues Since Upgrading

Bryan Mendoza

Bryan Mendoza

SP Page Builder 3 years ago

Everything was great for some time, but since the 3.7.6 upgrade my website has stopped handling column/row width properly. Everything appears fine on the backend, and everything on the frontend works except the Columns icon/link. I went through all the troubleshooting suggestions I could find on here since then and I had no luck, so I considered it may be my template.

To test I downloaded a new quickstart template (Hope) from your website, created a new database/database user and installed it in a new directory. I made sure everything was up to date and the most recent versions were installed. Unfortunately the same issue exists. Brand new install, new template, new database, new directory, same issue.

I'm using cPanel hosting through GoDaddy. I've tried PHP 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4.

Please advise as my site has been a mess for some time now with columns broken all over.

Thanks.

17 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #764
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #730

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please provide me the Joomla administrator access via hidden content area. I will check & get back to you soon.

-Thanks

Bryan Mendoza
Bryan Mendoza
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #733

Thank you, login included.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #735

Hi there, Please provide me the cpanel access. I will made a fresh installation for you. Thanks

Bryan Mendoza
Bryan Mendoza
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #736

Ok, but the link I provided was a fresh install, I just started filling in content while I was waiting for a reply here. It's only a little over a day old.

This is the test site, my live site is still a mess. I'll need to know what the issue is and how to fix it so I can fix the existing site rather than have to move all of my content over to another new install.

Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #744

Please check the hidden content

Bryan Mendoza
Bryan Mendoza
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #745

I'm not seeing any hidden content?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #746

http://sensimedia.net/22/administrator

admin

demo

Please change the password asap

Bryan Mendoza
Bryan Mendoza
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #747

Ok great, I've logged in and changed the login info, the layout looks correct.

Do we know what the issue is so I can repair my existing site now? I was only installing this template to test it and figure out why my existing site was broken. This isn't my live site/template and I have way too much content to spend 2 days carrying everything over.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #751

I have to know what have you done from start. Without knowing your process i can't investigate your issue. Thanks

Bryan Mendoza
Bryan Mendoza
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #752

I didn't do anything. Everything was working fine until the 3.7.6 upgrade, then all of a sudden columns and rows started acting up. There were no issues prior to that upgrade and I haven't modified anything that would affect it.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #754

Do you have backup of your previous site. I mean before upate your site, do you have backup of your site?

Bryan Mendoza
Bryan Mendoza
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #758

That was 2 upgrades ago as we're up to 3.7.8 now, I don't think I have a backup prior to 3.7.7. If you were able to get it working on that new install, what was causing the issue? Is it not something I can fix? Is there a version of 3.7.6 I can try reinstalling?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #760

What i have done.

After installation the quickstart pack. I have updated the Joomla and installed the latest version of Page Builder 3.7.8.

Bryan Mendoza
Bryan Mendoza
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #761

I did the exact same thing and it didn't work. As mentioned in my original post I installed the quickstart pack in a new database in a new folder and I had the same layout issues taking place on my live site. You must have used a different setting or something somewhere if your install is behaving differently, there's clearly a missing variable somewhere if both of my installs (new and old) carry the same issue.

I'm including the login to my live site below in case you can fix it as well so I can avoid having to reinstall everything into a new site. You'll notice the right column isn't working anywhere and instead shows up below the main content.

Thanks

Bryan Mendoza
Bryan Mendoza
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #765

That was it?? That setting had been like that for some time as I don't recall changing it, I don't know why it would have become an issue all of a sudden.

But regardless, looks ok now.

Thanks.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #784

Glad to know that your problem solved. Thanks