Any Plans do Add Backend Editing For SPPB 4? - Question | JoomShaper

Any Plans do Add Backend Editing For SPPB 4?

HC

Helder Custodio

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

Hi After some initial problems i've managed to bet SPPB 4 working aparently ok in one of my main sites. But at least for me, and i assume that this is a problem of my own, i've found the front editing much more complicated than the backend editing from 3.8 version.

I use mostly SPPB like a module in articles in the content bottom position, and there i add several lines and elements (videos, maps, texts etc), so it is much more usefull for me to edit via backend.

Question is if there is any plans to add backend editing, or if there is any way to do it in SPPB4 like we have in the previous version. Or i'm i missing something here and the option is there, only i don't see it?

I belive that for mostly of the users this is not a big deal, but this was the option that made me client.

I know that nothing is born perfect and i'm sure you are doing all to make the software even better. Keep the good work.

4 Answers
Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #84516

Hello

Thank you for your query. I understand your concern and point, but as of now we have no plans of adding the backend editor in SP Page Builder. In order to save our users the hassle to go back and forth between the backend and frontend, we have discarded it. Also, to speed up the development process as well where every change is visual and instant. You can explore more on our frontend editor, but I will share your concerns with my Team, for future :)

https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/sp-page-builder/sp-page-builder-4/front-end-editor

dolmenhir
dolmenhir
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #84581

That a very bad decision cause lot of us, like me, prefer use the backend editing cause frontend editing is slower, not very ergonomic and therefore useless in lot of cases. One more disappointment which, alas after so many years, pushes me a little more to look elsewhere.

Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #86611

Hello dolmenhir

Thank you for your feedback. I understand your point. We actually created SP Page Builder with the vision of making it the most professional page-building tool available in Joomla for website creators. And, with each upgrade over the years, we have tried our best to push it forward in terms of capability and innovation. However, we understand that many of you are dissatisfied with the decision to remove the backend editor from SP Page Builder 4.0. That’s why we have decided to give regular updates to the 3.x series as we have been for at least the next three years.

A
asiewert
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #111852

Dear Ariba

I see on your Facebook page (January 23rd) that you there WILL be a backend editor in the future ongoing version of Pagebuilder. Whether that is 3.X or 4.X.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sppagebuilder/permalink/2112204838971102/?sfnsn=scwspmo&ref=share&mibextid=5hxk5e

It is confusing to see your post from 30 minutes ago that says this is not true. Can you shed some light on the plans for a backend editor going forward?

If there is going to be no backend editor I will abandon SP Pagebuilder.