Added Helix And Now Cant Edit Template - Question | JoomShaper

Added Helix And Now Cant Edit Template

TG

Tate Goodman

Template 1 year ago

I have finion template install and everythign was working fine. I was able to edit the template and had no problems. I wanted a different template for the home page so I insalled the base helix ultimate template 2.0.11 and now I am not able to edit any templates.

On php8 i get the error: Failed opening required '/home/tcixj4/public_html/layouts/chromes/sp_xhtml.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php80/root/usr/share/pear')

On php 7.4 I get an erorr 500 page

If I try to delete the template shaper_helixultimate - Default I get the error danger Can't delete the last style of a template even though I have changed the default to a couple other things.

26 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #86327

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access & FTP to check the issue? I will check & get back to you soon. 

-Thanks

TG
Tate Goodman
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #86373
    I have added you an admin account.

This weekend I restored from a backup so I could work on the site. I then added just the Travelin template. I was able to work with it for a while but when I set the travelin template to be the default it would no longer let me edit the Finion template and I got the following error:

0 Failed opening required '/home/tcixj4/public_html/layouts/chromes/sp_xhtml.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php80/root/usr/share/pear')

Now I can edit Travelin but not Finion

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #86496

Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.

TG
Tate Goodman
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #86539

Can you please try again. I was able to log in successfully using those credentials by copying and pasting.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #86714

Please check now and let me know. Thanks

TG
Tate Goodman
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #86743

Yes, I can now edit both. Can you please let me know what you did because I would also like to install the base helix ultimate template and I am afraid I will face the same issue once I am done. Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #86749

I just deleted one of folder from templates/your_template/html/layouts/chromes

TG
Tate Goodman
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #87083

Thank you , I have uploaded the base helix ultimate template and get the following

Failed opening required '/home/tcixj4/public_html/layouts/chromes/sp_xhtml.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php80/root/usr/share/pear')

I have navigated to /home/tcixj4/public_html/layouts/chromes and tehre are 4 files in that folder html5.php none.php outline.php table.php

I am not sure what file you delete in here to get the template working, there is no folder inside the chrome folder, just those 4 files.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #87091

Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue?

TG
Tate Goodman
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #87104

i have not changed it, you can use the same credentials as before, please let me know if you no longer have them

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #87113

Please check again. Thanks

TG
Tate Goodman
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #87114

ok, here is the login info

TG
Tate Goodman
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #87139

Sorry, when you said check again I thought you meant check the login credentials. Yes they are all working fine now. I don't plan to add any other templates so as long as these keep working I will be fine. Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #87226

You are most welcome. Will you please spend some to write a review about our product and support quality? 

https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/sp-page-builder/

JS
Joomla Sites
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #97452

What did you do to fix this?

Failed opening required '/home/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/public_html/layouts/chromes/sp_xhtml.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php80/root/usr/share/pear')

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #97571

@Paul Sandman Please create a new forum post or share your site administrator access via hidden content area. Thanks

JS
Joomla Sites
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #97574

Site administrator access? No thank you, I'll figure it out on my own then. Thank you.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #97611

You are most welcome :)

RL
Ralf Lieb
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109303

Hi Toufiq after updating Helix 2 ultimate today I get the same issue: cannot see the template - and get error "Failed opening required 'xxxxxxxxxxx/layouts/chromes/sp_xhtml.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php')"

do you need my credentials too?

RL
Ralf Lieb
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109478

Hi Toufiq I have the same problem....

Failed opening required '/XXXXX/XXXXXXXX/webseiten/layouts/chromes/sp_xhtml.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php')

What to do to fix this?

It would be great if an FAQ or HOW To entry would be created for this so we can help ourselves and mimize your support.

But if want to fix this yourself I can provide my credentials as well.

What to do Toufiq?

Best Ralf

JS
Joomla Sites
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109481

Do you have this file?

/webseiten/templates/WHAT_TEMPLATE/html/layouts/chromes/sp_xhtml.php

That file sould not be in:

/webseiten/layouts/chromes/

The only files in my /webseiten/layouts/chromes/ are:

html5.php none.php outline.php table.php

Temporarily rename file named sp_xhtml.php at /webseiten/layouts/chromes/ - if exists to test? It would've helped if the nice people here would've answered when I asked months ago. I now regret not sharing how I resolved it when I did.

RL
Ralf Lieb
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109483

Hi Paul in /webseiten/layouts/chromes/ - there are on the 4 files you mentioned, not the file sp_xhtml.php

this file "sp_xhtml.php" is in /layout/html/layouts/chromes

so, what to do?

Thx Ralf

JS
Joomla Sites
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109484

I do not have that file "sp_xhtml.php" in /layout/html/layouts/chromes

I asked you above (first): Do you have this file? /webseiten/templates/WHAT_TEMPLATE/html/layouts/chromes/sp_xhtml.php

Because I do have file: "sp_xhtml.php"

/public_html/templates/MY_TEMPLATE/html/layouts/chromes/sp_xhtml.php

If you do not, try putting one there?

RL
Ralf Lieb
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109485

Hey Paul sorry - yes, I have the file in my templates folder as you described.

That's why I am a bit stuck ...

UPDATE I renamed the file /webseiten/templates/WHAT_TEMPLATE/html/layouts/chromes/sp_xhtml.php

and the view in the Template Builder works now --- is that the solution? really? By not using this file anymore?

JS
Joomla Sites
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109486

Hi Ralf!

Yes, I believe that it literally has to do with the layout of your template with the newer version of Helix. Notice the layout files names? table, html5, etc. If your layout(s) that were created before the helix uprade are now editable I would say yes, it's fixed. Let me know! I am not a developer of Helix or Joomla templates!

RL
Ralf Lieb
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109487

hey Paul renaming the file fixed it for me crazy but true

thx for the hint cheers Ralf