URGENT! Thumbnail Display In The List Of Articles - From Article >> Images & Links - Question | JoomShaper

URGENT! Thumbnail Display In The List Of Articles - From Article >> Images & Links

C

Charlie

Helix Framework 1 year ago

The thumbnails in a list of articlescan only be displayed the images set from Article > Blog Options > Featured Image,

1. Is there way to set or switch from the old way under Article > Images and Links > Intro Image? All article images in my articles imported from Joomla 3.xx are set from Article > Images and Links > Intro Ima,,

2. For Article > Blog Options > Featured Image, you can only upload from local drive, not from the current server, any way to link to current server files that have been batch - uploaded already ?

7 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #87333

Hello Charlie

Sorry, both are not possible. You can only upload from local drive in the Blog Options. Helix Ulitmate Article override works like this.

Best regards

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #87334

Hi there!

Thanks for contacting us.

1. Yes, you are right. Helix Framework gets only the featured image as Article intro image. There is no way to set or switch from the old way, as per my knowledge.

2. Unfortunately, you have to upload the image each time from your local. There is no default way to select from existing media.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards

C
Charlie
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #87570

Could you elaborate the purpose for using Blog Options instead of traditional way for the featured image?

From the article media library, could I access this image uploaded from local computer? Which folder is it uploaded?

C
Charlie
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #88139

Any word on this?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #88160

Sorry, you cannot upload the blog options images in any particlular folder. Because it dynamically creates folders. For example, if you upload a picture(image.png) in the blog options. It will be saved like this: images/2022/10/11/image.png

If you do not want to use it, you can override the article view of Helix Ultimate. Please follow this documentation to override the view.

C
Charlie
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #89143

it would be nice to add an optional server path input for Blog Image uploading instead of the default month/day path ? That will be very helpful

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #89145

It is a good idea. I agree with you. The system has been like this since the beginning of Helix. It would be difficult to implement now.