Uninstall language - Forum | JoomShaper
Awaiting an answer SP Page Builder

Uninstall language

Asked by Ignacio Granados 3 years ago Last activity 1 year ago

Hi,

How can I uninstall a language in sppagebuilder 4?

Once installed I can only reinstall but not uninstall.

Thanks.

6 replies

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha Staff

Hi,

Actually, it's Joomla language settings, not related to JoomShaper software.

However, if your site is a single language only, please disable all language plugins:

System - Language Code - OFF

System - Language Filter - OFF

https://prnt.sc/yqg90l

Or,

By default only for default language you can remove lang tag from URL, Core plugin : System - Language Filter > Remove URL Language Code [yes]

https://prnt.sc/yqg3y3

Hope this helps!

Best Regards

Paul Frankowski Senior Staff

If I may...

indeed in SPPB you cannot uninstall language, you have to manualy using FTP tool delete language files from folder name with your LANG CODE, for example, es-ES

search here

languages/es-ES/

administrator/languages/es-ES

and find files with sppagebuilder . ini name , that's all

Ignacio Granados Asked this

You are rigth, Paul.

I have deleted the file es-ES.com_sppagebuilder.ini and I have SPPB again with the default lenguage. BUT in SPPB, in the Languages tab, I still see the spanish languge installed and activated. Not a big issue for me (it is not in spanish anymore), but I wonder if this could cause any problem in SPBB.

Thanks.

Scott

I have the same problem with Arabic language pack unable to uninstal. It is included with the Allura Quickstart pagage the on ewith the original EasyStore 1.0
Looking at Joomla Installe dLanguages, the only option is to make default. It's not a required laungue for my proejct

Please advise

Paul Frankowski Senior Staff
1 year ago · edited

In Joomla you can disable and uninstall almost everything.

Here is video tutorial >> https://youtu.be/HmYuu7x0W28

please also read guide below video.


Using FTP you can remove /administrator/ar-AR folder.

Scott

Hi Paul, it's been a long time, I hope all is well. Thank you that work perfectly.

Log in to reply.