Template Using Latest SP Page Builder PRO - Question | JoomShaper

Template Using Latest SP Page Builder PRO

CB

Curtis Bantjes

Template 1 year ago

We bought the latest SP Page Builder PRO and I want to download a template to fast-track my learning but your templates are old. It is for previous versions of SP Page Builder and it includes the Helix Framework. We don't use the Helix Template Framework so tell me which template can I download from your site that will have the latest version of SP Page Builder and DOES NOT include the Helix Template or Framework.

5 Answers
A
AMurray2017
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #102969

Just my opinion, but I don't believe SP Page builder depends on any template based on Helix - you don't have to use Joomshaper templates at all. I quite easily buld a site with SP PB in Cassiopeia, the J4 default template.

Are you perhaps downloading the templates that are a "quick start" package, that may well include SP Page BUilder in the package? (all Joomlshaper.com templates are of course Helix based since Joomshaper is the develper of the Helix framework)..

Don't know what you mean "the templates are old" they seem relatively updated to me (e.g. no later than 6 months old).

You can use any template from any template provider you wish, except I suppose that with other similar frameworks like T4 and Gantry, but I suppose you could try SP PB with them.

As above, a starting point for learning, use the Joomla default template.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #102978

Hi Curtis,

From my point of view, also suggest you using: Cassiopeia or build your template if you have basic J! skills.

Then install SP Page Builder Pro 3.8. or 4.0.x, as you wish, yes - both can be downloaded.

Yes, SPPB 4.0.x will get soon back-end editor as well, so you can start with SPPB 3.x to be more happy by now.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #102979

BTW

Besides, this is Joomla - even from QuickStart you can disable / uninstall default Helix based template and use your own. 60sec task ;p

fast-track my learning (...)

The best way to get trusted knowledge fast is to learn from somebody (human / expert). Yes, you can read, watch youtube tips & tutorials, but ... with real teacher in one-two days you will learn more than during self-education for over a week/month. I know, becuase I have lessons with "students".

CB
Curtis Bantjes
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #103382

Thank you everyone that responded. At the end we have decided to go with the Helix Ulimate template. We learned a lot and know now how to overcome most of the issues we had.

The Helix Ulimate template is a great help. Thank you to the developers of that template.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #103397

Thanks. Check below file