Field Required - Question | JoomShaper

Field Required

A

Alena Merklová

Extension 1 year ago

Hello. I am editing a template for a portfolio. Sp Portfolio has this: Field required: Title Field required: Image Field required: Description Field required: Tags

I need tags and description not to be required fields. Where can I overwrite it?

2 Answers
A
Alena Merklová
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104369

To cancel the obligation to fill in the description field, simply delete "required="true"" from the file

/administrator/components/com_spsimpleportfolio/models/forms/item.xml

and line 11 beginning with the words

<field name="description"

For tags, this modification is not enough, because the administration shows an error where the portfolio item does not have a tag.

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ') ORDER BY id ASC' at line 3

this is a major problem because the required item description could be bypassed by inserting a blank space. But if I don't want to use tags, then it will be more complicated...

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #104905

Hi there,

I appreciate you reaching out. I sincerely apologize for this oversight. Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access & FTP access to check the issue? I will check & get back to you soon. 

-Thanks