Email From Contact Form To Be Sent To The User In BCC - Question | JoomShaper

Email From Contact Form To Be Sent To The User In BCC

BM

Blagoja Martinovski

SP Page Builder 3 years ago

Hi guys,

when a user on the site sends a form troug the form buider addon, he receives the email and sees the admin email as well (adress set up in the "Recepient email" field. How can we set it up so that the admin and user get the form data, but only the admin to see the user email adress, not the user to be able to see admins email?

9 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #9411

Hello Blagoja Martinovski

You can add cc and bcc for for builder. Please follow this documentation

Best regards

BM
Blagoja Martinovski
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #9431

Hi Ofi,

thank you for your reply.

I've set as per the instructions, Recipient Email to be the email of the admin, then in the Bcc field i've set the {{email}} variable which is the user's email who submits the form.

The email which arrives to the user, has the two emails in the "To" field, both the admins and his own, i don't want to show admin's email to the user.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #9491

Please follow this documentation

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #9509

The email which arrives to the user, has the two emails in the "To" field, both the admins and his own, i don't want to show admin's email to the user.

I think it is not possible and meaningless.

It is not possible because the user must see from whom the email arrived and where he can write an answer, without this email does not work.

It is meaningless, because copies of letters can only be shipped by your employees with mailboxes on your domain. Delivery to private mailboxes is not guaranteed and even if it happens for a while, then it will fall under spam filters and will not be delivered at all. Even in the Spam folder. Because the user must confirm the desire to receive email from you through the confirmation link. How this happens in the case of a subscription to the newsletter or registration.

BM
Blagoja Martinovski
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #9514

@Ofi, it's still the same, look at the screenshots below.

@Pavel, it's not meaningless and should be possible.

I have a form on the website on which the users send data, i wan't the data to arrive to the admin, and to the user.

The user should see the email address that i set up in the "From Email" (that's the email he can write answer to) but not the one i set in "Recipient Email" since this is the email address of the admin.

The problem is that when i set up Bcc to be the email adress of the user, he receives an email in which he sees the adress i set in "From Email", his email in the "To:" field but he also sees the one in the "Recepient Email"

https://snipboard.io/VDu80H.jpg https://snipboard.io/WY9eRr.jpg

BM
Blagoja Martinovski
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #9591

Even if i put some dummy email address in the Recipient Email field, then i set the CC and BCC fields to be users and admins email, they all see the 3 email addresses!

According to the instructions sent by @Ofi: In Email Headers add Bcc: [email protected] -- just like CC, BCC is a way of sending copies of an email to other people. The difference between the two is that, while you can see who else has received the email when CC is used, that is not the case with BCC. The other recipient won’t be able to see that someone else has been sent a copy of the email.

This is not the case, the persons in CC and BCC can see all email addresses on which the form data is sent. Can you please check it out?

BM
Blagoja Martinovski
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #9619

The problem is that the email which i set in the Bcc tag is not sent as bcc but as a normal email, it's added to the list of "To:", please check this, i need a fix asap.

BM
Blagoja Martinovski
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #9666

Bump

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #10730

Please share your administrator access here to check the issue. Use the Hidden Content box to share the credentials.